Do you ever feel that you need a break from the preseason predictions, trade rumors, and draft combine reports? If you answered "yes" then let's take a look at the lighter side of sports reporting.
A few years ago I stumbled upon a list of the ugliest NBA players and thought it would be fun to make a list of my own, with a little twist. I decided to go with current NBA players instead of the old standbys (Sam Cassell, Tyrone Hill, etc.). These current players are selected based on an evaluation process that includes five major features:
- 1. Face
- 2. Hair
- 3. Body
- 4. Teeth
- 5. Intangibles (facial hair, tattoos, deformities, etc.)
I gave the features of each player a ranking from 1 to 10. The highest score won the coveted "Ugliest Player Award". The ranking scale is shown below:
- Face: 10 = Sloth from The Goonies 1 = Sloan from Entourage (pictured above)
- Hair: 10 = 1980's curly mullet 1 = David Beckham's Hair
- Body: 10 = Guinness Book of World Record's Fattest Twins (they are riding motorcycles... look it up) 1 = The Statue of David
- Teeth: 10 = Just Google "Faces of Meth" 1 = Anyone in a Crest commercial
- Intangibles: 10 = Mike Tyson's face tattoo 1 = Anna Kournikova's flawless everything
Before we get to the list, I would like to point out that this is not meant to offend anyone. I wrote this for fun and I hope you get a few laughs out of it. A good friend of mine once said, "If you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at?"