The best part about compiling an NFL mock draft is that you cannot be wrong...yet.
With the combine under way, a lot can change between now and the actual draft. Players whose stocks are on the rise include Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus, Von Miller and the icon himself—Cam Newton. Players that are sliding appear to be Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert.
Feel free to let me know in the comments where I went wrong. Using state-of-the-art technology and math formulas, I calculated each team’s draft pick based upon need, players available, quality of front office (I’m looking at you, Buffalo) and draft history.
The fun of predicting the unpredictable is just an easy way for all of us to pretend there is going to be an NFL season next year.
Editor’s note: This is Bryan’s first mock draft. Compare/contrast to McNeil’s first mock draft a few weeks ago. Lots of differences. Expect another incarnation of McNeil’s mock draft in a few weeks.
1. Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
9. Dallas Cowboys: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
10. Washington Redskins: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
13. Detroit Lions: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
14. St. Louis Rams: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
17. New England Patriots: Aldon Smith, LB, Missouri
18. San Diego Chargers: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
19. New York Giants: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
21. Kansas City Chiefs: Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
22. Indianapolis Colts: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Gabe Carimi, OG, Wisconsin
24. New Orleans Saints: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
25. Seattle Seahawks: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
26. Baltimore Ravens: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
27. Atlanta Falcons: Titus Young, WR, Boise State
28. New England Patriots: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
29. Chicago Bears: Ben Ijalana, OG, Villanova
30. New York Jets: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas