To be honest, I only know about Ryan Mallet from what I have read.
And there seems to be so many similarities with Jimmy Clausen:
1. They both were highly touted out of high school.
2. The both have good arms and can make all the throws.
3. They were both questioned for their intangibles, both on the field as leaders and off the field for their maturity.
I think they are different in:
1. Mallett has the bigger arm.
2. Mallett is better than Clausen in reading the defenses and going through his progressions, Clausen relied too much on just throwing the ball up to Tate and Floyd and have them make the plays.
3. Mallett is practically not mobile outside the pocket.
4. Malletts big limbs results in a slower delivery.
I can see a lot of potential, but also huge downsides and I would be seriously afraid of Mallet having the same future as Jimmy Clausen, or worse ending up as JaMarcus Russell.
Is there anybody out there that can make me believe in Ryan Mallett as a QB with a bright future in the NFL.