Week Two NFL Power Rankings and a Look Into Next Week
Two weeks into the season, the Steelers are holding their position at the top of the rankings. However, there are a number of teams staring them down. These rankings are based on a complex formula that takes into account a number of factors related to on-field performance.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (previously ranked #1) 2-0: The Steelers held their ground with a solid defensive effort on the road against the Browns.
2. New York Giants (3) 2-0: The G-men were impressive against St. Louis on the road and are just six power points behind the Steelers.
3. Tennessee Titans (4) 2-0: Strong defensive performance on the road is one surefire way to gain power points.
6. Buffalo Bills (5) 2-0: Drop down a spot after the Bucs performed a little bit better last week.
8. New England Patriots (10) 2-0: Impressive first start since high school, Mr. Cassel.
10. Arizona Cardinals (15) 2-0: First 2-0 start since 1991 for the Cardinals - let's see if they can keep it up.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (11) 1-1: Very impressive game but couldn't pull out the victory and gave up a lot of points.
13. San Diego Chargers (7) 0-2: Need to pick up the pieces fast if they want to make a playoff run.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars (13) 0-2: Another team that needs to get it together soon or forget about the Super Bowl year.
17. Seattle Seahawks (12) 0-2: Disappointing start to Holmgren's final year with the club.
19. Chicago Bears (18) 1-1: Looked more like the Bears we were expecting in the 4th quarter against the Panthers.
20. New Orleans Saints (14) 1-1: Need to become more consistent if they want to live up to their potential.
21. Atlanta Falcons (16) 1-1: Now that's how a rookie QB is supposed to play.
22. Detroit Lions (19) 0-2: Could Matt Millen finally be on his way out this year?
23. New York Jets (23) 1-1: Favre threw his first interception as a Jet and the team lost.
24. Miami Dolphins (22) 0-2: Lost soundly to the Cardinals.
25. Houston Texans (25) 0-1: Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by Ike.
26. Baltimore Ravens (26) 1-0: See above.
28. Minnesota Vikings (27) 0-2: Tarvaris Jackson is not the answer at quarterback.
29. Kansas City Chiefs (29) 0-2: And the locker room drama begins with Larry Johnson upset about his number of touches.
30. St. Louis Rams (28) 0-2: They've had the two worst performances in the league thus far.
31. Cleveland Browns (31) 0-2: The offense needs to come to life or else.
32. Cincinnati Bengals (32) 0-2: See above.
And the predictions for the upcoming week (winner in bold):
#29 Kansas City @ #21 Atlanta
#27 Oakland @ #6 Buffalo
#5 Tampa Bay @ #19 Chicago
#9 Carolina @ #28 Minnesota
#24 Miami @ #8 New England
#32 Cincinnati @ #2 New York Giants
#25 Houston @ #3 Tennessee
#10 Arizona @ #11 Washington
#20 New Orleans @ #15 Denver
#22 Detroit @ #14 San Francisco
#30 St. Louis @ #17 Seattle
#31 Cleveland @ #26 Baltimore
#16 Jacksonville @ #18 Indianapolis
#1 Pittsburgh @ #12 Philadelphia
#4 Dallas @ #7 Green Bay
#23 New York Jets @ #13 San Diego
Last week: 13-2, Overall: 23-8
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?