For the few of you that conclude your fantasy football season in Week 17, I've updated my rankings for this week. Here are some notes about wide receivers and pass defenses heading into Week 17:
- Miami receiver Brandon Marshall has 10-plus receptions and 100-plus yards in four games, including his most recent two games. After finishing the past three seasons with 100-plus receptions and 1,100-plus yards each year, Marshall has only 81 receptions for 917 yards and three touchdowns with one game to go.
- Tampa rookie receiver Mike Williams, who needs only 76 receiving yards to reach 1,000, leads all rookies in receiving yards. Williams had his first multi-touchdown game of the season last week and has 10 touchdowns this season.
- Dallas receiver Miles Austin has scored a touchdown in back-to-back weeks. For the first time since Week 8, Austin had more than 100 receiving yards last week.
- Rams receiver Danny Amendola, who hasn't scored a touchdown since Week 10, ranks eighth in the NFL in receptions (83).
- In his past three games, Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin has only six receptions for 58 yards and no touchdowns. In that same span, teammate Derrick Mason has 11 receptions for 170 yards and three touchdowns.
- Tennessee's Kenny Britt has 10 receptions for 217 yards and a touchdown in his past two games. In his first matchup against the Colts (Week 14), Britt finished with four receptions for 39 yards and lost a fumble.
- Giants receiver Mario Manningham has back-to-back games with 100-plus yards and a touchdown or two, and the only team to allow more passing yards than the Redskins has been the Texans this season.
- Houston's Jacoby Jones, the team's third-round pick in 2007, had the best game (five receptions for 115 yards) of his career in Week 16. Jones has three consecutive games with five-plus receptions for 50-plus yards.
Here are my top 10 fantasy wide receivers for Week 17:
1. Roddy White, Falcons (vs CAR)
2. Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs TEN)
3. Greg Jennings, Packers (vs CHI)
4. Vincent Jackson, Chargers (at DEN)
5. Mike Wallace, Steelers (at CLE)
6. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (at NE)
7. Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (vs SD)
8. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (vs OAK)
9. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs MIN)
10. Kenny Britt, Titans (at IND)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 17.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!