Coming off two disappointing home losses, the Stars found out that the best medicine may have been a trip on the road.
Thanks to a splendid effort from Andrew Raycroft, the Stars were able to escape with a 4-2 victory.
A couple of notes from the game:
- It was nice to see Krys Barch and the bottom two lines contribute to the score sheet. While they haven't done much offensively yet this season, they do have potential and will have to continue to display it if the Stars are going to go far this season.
- Signing Andrew Raycroft this past season has shown to be a great investment. While he isn't perfect, he is really good in spurts as he showed tonight. Stopping 44 out of 46 in any game is huge, but the way he controlled the game was huge.
- Good to see Loui Eriksson get back to normal. Coming off an unusually below average game against the Coyotes, he responded nicely. I think he definitely deserves to be an All-Star this year.
- Also nice to see the Stars get a bit of revenge on the Predators, who had come into Dallas and beaten the Stars 1-0 lead thanks to the strength of Rinne.
- Last, but certainly not least, I think the offensive potential of the Stars was shown in the third period tonight. The fact that they scored three goals in a span of about eight minutes was absolutely critical.
In the end, nice win for the Stars. In the super tight Western Conference, taking two points in any game is huge and will show itself in the final standings.