I am sure everyone is just as excited and pumped for the rest of the season as I am, thanks to the absolute demolition of the Clemson Tigers, 34-10.
As if the severe beating wasn't enough, here is some of the pregame talk, just to make it even sweeter.
- "Clemson is too good to screw it up this time."—Mark Schlabach, ESPN.com
- "It would be a colossal disappointment for Bowden and the ACC if the conference's best team choked in a high-profile opener. But it's not going to happen...Clemson 24, Alabama 14."—Cory McCartney, SI.com
- "Clemson is my pick for the National Championship Game."—Brent Musburger, ABC play-by-play man.
- Five out of five CBS "Experts" pick Clemson to win the game.
Oh yes, nothing but a bunch of wrong right there, but the tune all changed after the game.
- "Get away from Chick-fil-A and get back home to Death Valley and stop messing around with powers from Sweet Home Alabama. Leave Auburn and Alabama alone. That's my suggestion, Clemson. Try UAB or Troy instead. See how that goes and then check back with me."—Gary Parish, cbssports.com
- "With such a rare combination of size and speed, Cody looks like the same kind of one-man wrecking crew as the former LSU star (Glenn Dorsey). Foes will have no choice but to double or triple-team him."—Stewart Mandel, SI.com
- "The team of the day was, without a doubt, Alabama. The 24th-ranked Crimson Tide plastered No. 9 Clemson 34-10. Put it this way: Even with talents like James Davis and C.J. Spiller, the Tigers rushed for an aggregate of zero freakin' yards against the 'Bama defense."—Eric Sorenson, cbssports.com
- "We were whipped pretty bad."—Tommy Bowden
It is starting to circulate that the team's motto for this game and the season is "Shock the F*#%$ng World!"—and it is safe to say that Bama did that in Week One.
Ok, I've broken the 24-hour rule, but I can't write this until Monday, so I apologize to Coach Saban.
Now, on to this week's topic.
There is so much to point out about Alabama's win from Saturday in a positive light that there is not enough time between now and Tulane to discuss it.
With that, this week's topic is: What was the MOST impressive thing from Alabama's win over Clemson?
Was it the offense? The defense? The recruits? The seniors?
As always, you can leave a comment below or write an article of your own about your choice.
That's all for this week, guys. See you next week after Tulane.