We're nearly at the end of the college football season. Until next September comes, Saturday night's not going to be the wonderful highlight of my week anymore. I might have to do something else—like go to bed.
Anyway, here are my thoughts on the Top 25 for the BCS fellas. Dammit boys, in 2011 give me a vote, will you??
- Oregon - Didn't play, didn't matter.
- Auburn - So, who's excited about THAT game against Alabama? Me, for starters...
- Boise State - Beat the life out of Fresno State. Praying for an Oregon or Auburn loss.
- TCU - Didn't play either.
- LSU - The rationale for the Tigers being above Wisconsin is this: Les Miles beats shitty teams with 30 seconds to go. Brett Bielema beats them by 82. Les's version is more fun.
- Wisconsin - Victory on the road to Michigan proves nothing—apart from the fact that Michigan sucks ass.
- Ohio State - Tough victory on the road at Iowa. Terrelle Pryor - enjoy the trip to New York in 2011.
- Stanford - Andrew Luck is a fantastic QB. Period.
- Alabama - Take it from me: Alabama will beat Auburn in Tuscaloosa next week.
- Michigan State - The struggles to win over Northwestern and Purdue drop this team down a bit.
- Oklahoma State - Can't wait for the OU-OSU game. Should be a whole lot of fun. Gameday's going to be there too, by the way.
- Arkansas- By the way, the MSU, OSU, and UA slots are interchangeable. Arkansas is a fine football team and should knock off LSU this weekend.
- Virginia Tech - After Tech's fantastic win at Miami, the James Madisoners are making Boise State look better and better each week.
- Texas A&M- Probably shouldn't be this high, but let me speak. Wins over OU and Nebraska is great news from the best fans in the Big 12.
- Oklahoma - Hammered Baylor and proved it isn't a bad team. Having said that, it isn't that good either.
- South Carolina - The win over Troy was nothing. But the victory over Florida still sticks in the mind. Clemson, here we come.
- Nebraska - Horrible loss at Texas A&M won't mean much; the Huskers will win the Big 12 North this year.
- Missouri - Not a bad team, but not going to win the Big 12.
- NC State - Dealt with a dangerous UNC team and a good ACC team...if there is such a thing.
- Arizona - Dangerous Pac-10 team that has a monster game with Oregon lined up. I'm quite excited.
- Nevada - Still the third-best non-BCS team. Will be out of the Top 25 after Boise State deals with them—I promise.
- Florida State - Strangely, if the 'Noles lose to Florida, it'll be considered an upset.
- Iowa - ANOTHER sickening kick-in-the-balls loss for the Hawkeyes. How many has it been this season, again?
- West Virginia - The Big East is horrific, so why not?
- Mississippi State - The loss against Arkansas was a tough one. If the team loses to Ole Miss, it'll be even tougher.
Things to note 1: Florida, Texas and Penn State still aren't in the Top 25, despite going 3-0 this weekend.
Things to note 2: Utah lost to Notre Dame, and therefore shouldn't be in ANYONE'S Top 25.
Things to note 3: VFA Heisman Race 1. Cam Newton, our favorite running, throwing (of ball and laptops) quarterback; 2. Andrew Luck (Because this kid's ready to play on Sundays NOW, while Newton reminds us a little too much of Vince Young (NFL version, i.e. not a compliment); 3. Kellen Moore, a fantastic young quarterback who has kept Boise's title hopes clicking along.