Well the Red Sox took 2/3 and that's not bad. The only thing funnier from the series than Bobby Abreu wussing out and not catching Jason Bay's triple was Mike Mussina and Joe Girardi even referring to the Yankees playoff hopes.
Dustin Pedroia has come from the rookie of the year to an indispensible players. It's really come to the point that I don't want to imagine this team without him.
Speaking of indispensable, if Josh Beckett is really this hurt; we're screwed. Josh Beckett, is not the only, but the most important key to the Red Sox repeating.
Last, the bullpen is as sporadic as a middle aged woman on medication. Some days its quiet and weird and others suicidal and manic. I think the only people that can fully be trusted is Papelbon and Masterson.
A few last points:
- All you need to know about Jason Bay: 24 RBIs in 24 games.
- Mark Kotsay's wifey is hot.
- Giambi looks like a hulking recovering alcoholic pedophile.
- David Pauley will get shelled on Saturday.
- Predicted Dice-K line tonight: 6IP 6BB 6K 3H 1ER