After one half of football between N.C. State and South Carolina, we sit with South Carolina leading, 3-0.
Here are my thoughts on the game so far:
- Tommy Beecher is not the answer at quarterback. He has already thrown 3 picks, and his lease has to be getting very short. From what I've seen, his arm strength looks subpar. In my opinion he still looks a little nervous and shell-shocked, which is evident to me by how he is holding on to the ball too long and looking to take-off too often. Maybe Beecher will come out in the second half and set the world afire, but who knows.
- N.C. State's Defense is underrated. Their front four have pressured Beecher all night. Also, their secondary has been all over the field and already picked off 3 passes.
- Tom O'Brien still does not have his kind of players. The 'Pack has not been able to move the ball effectively. But, the put together a decent drive on their next to last drive of the half, but they stalled in Gamecock territory.
- Also may our prayers be with Russell Wilson and his family. N.C. State's freshman QB absolutely got crushed by Jordan Lindsey and Cliff Matthews with about 4 minutes to go in the half and had to be carried off on a stretcher.
What I expect in the second half.
- I think N.C. State will be a little better on offense, but will come up a little short against the Gamecocks.
- I think South Carolina will get it together and come back to beat the Wolfpack behind the running of Mike Davis.
Final Score Prediction:
South Carolina 17 N.C. State 10
It's great to have college football back! And again, pray for Russell Wilson.