Maryland vs. Florida State Football Game to Bring GameDay to College Park?
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images
It was announced Monday that the Maryland-Florida State game will have an 8 p.m. start and will be broadcast on ABC.
This is obviously great press coverage for the football Terps, who quietly control their own destiny in winning the ACC.
But the big question is, will this game bring College GameDay to College Park?
First, let's look at the facts:
* The Florida State game is the only game that Maryland must win in order to still have a chance to win the ACC.
* Maryland will be wearing its Wounded Warrior jerseys to support the troops.
* Assuming Maryland takes care of Virginia this weekend, they will come in with an attractive 7-3 record, as could Florida State.
Now on to the speculation:
* This would be a great chance for the Terps to hold a "Blackout," one that is much more meaningful than the one last year against Virginia Tech.
* The most attractive option for College GameDay, Ohio State vs. Iowa, seems unlikely because Ohio State vs. Penn State is this week's featured game.
* This would be a good chance to highlight a bright spot in a less-than-spectacular ACC football season.
I personally feel as though there are some more attractive options out there, including the Nebraska vs. Texas A&M game or the Notre Dame vs. Army game at Yankee Stadium. Imagine what an odd sight it would be to see the premier college football pregame show outside a baseball stadium. There is a chance though, especially with the Wounded Warrior jerseys making for a feel-good story.
Let me know what you think.
Is there any chance College GameDay comes to Maryland? If it does, will the fans even care?
Follow me on Twitter @cleyden for more Terps football news.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?