Here are my Week 8 team defense rankings.
1. Dallas vs. Jacksonville
2. Kansas City vs. Buffalo
3. Tampa Bay @ Arizona
4. Washington @ Detroit
5. New York Jets vs. Green Bay
6. Pittsburgh @ New Orleans
7. Denver @ San Francisco
8. St. Louis vs. Carolina
9. San Francisco vs. Denver
10. Seattle @ Oakland
11. Cincinnati vs. Miami
12. New England vs. Minnesota
13. Tennessee @ San Diego
14. Carolina @ St. Louis
15. Miami @ Cincinnati
Inside the numbers:
- Jacksonville is one of two teams, along with Chicago, that has allowed at least 15 sacks with at least 11 INTs.
- Arizona has allowed 21 sacks and has only managed 237.8 yards per game.
- Carolina is dead last with 12.5 points per game. Everyone else has at least 16.1 ppg.
- Tennessee is tied for the league lead with 25 sacks. They are facing the Chargers, who have lost 12 fumbles.
Here are my Week 8 IDP rankings.
1. Jerod Mayo (NE) vs. MIN: 45 tackles in past three games.
2. Stephen Tulloch (TEN) @ SD: 58 tackles in past five games.
3. Chad Greenway (MIN) vs. NE: 34 tackles in past three games.
4. Brian Cushing (HOU) @ INDY: 17 tackles in past two games.
5. LaRon Landry (WAS) @ DET: Averaging 9.7 tackles per game this year.
6. Lawrence Timmons (PIT) @ NOL: Averaging 10.3 tackles per game this year.
7. London Fletcher (WAS) @ DET: Averaging 9.7 tackles per game this year.
8. A.J. Hawk (GB) @ NYJ: 45 tackles in past four games.
9. Patrick Willis (SF) vs. DEN: Recorded second double-digit tackle game of season.
10. James Anderson (CAR) @ STL: Averaging 10 tackles per game.
11. D.J. Williams (DEN) @ SF: Averaging nine tackles per game.
12. Jon Beason (CAR) @ STL
13. DeMarcus Ware (DAL) vs. JAX: Has 27 tackles and eight sacks on the year.
14. Paul Posluszny (BUF) @ KC: Averaging 9.5 tackles per game this year.
15. James Harrison (PIT) @ NO: 44 tackles and five sacks on the year.
Also check out: