What positive things can I say, as a Chargers fan, about Week 6? That's a good question. Here is what I came up with:
1. I am positive that the Chargers are playing horrible football.
2. I am positive that the Chargers should have been able to go into St. Louis and beat the Rams like a red-headed step child (no offense to red-headed step children).
3. I am positive that the Rams wanted to win more than the Chargers.
4. I am positive that the Rams realized early that they could compete with the Chargers and that helped them keep momentum on their side. In the past, that would not have happened.
5. I am positive that I disagree with the experts who say that Norv Turner is an offensive genius. He has his moments, but he is so in love with throwing the football that defenses can forget about the run and focus on rushing the passer. Seven sacks of Philip Rivers should prove that theory.
6. I am positive that, if given the chance, Ryan Mathews will be able to lead the Chargers on the ground and therefore give them the balanced offense they swear they want.
7. I am positive that the Chargers did an excellent job screwing up what was supposed to be the easy portion of their schedule. Now, they get teams like the Patriots, Titans, Texans and Colts coming up.
8. I am positive that Chargers kicker Nate Kaeding has not gotten over his horrible game in the playoffs last year. He literally fell down trying to kick a huge field goal against the Rams. The kick was blocked (which any kick that goes around five feet in the air will be) and that lead to a Rams field goal. By the way, the Rams won by three. Kaeding is out with an injury. He should seek counseling during this time off.
9. I am positive that the Chargers must overcome all of their injuries and find a way to beat New England this week if they want a decent chance to win the West.
10. I am positive that my picks have been horrible lately and I need to do a better job this week.
Now, on to Week 7 picks:
Last week: 6-8
Season Total: 46-44