Here are my Week Seven fantasy football quarterback rankings. Remember the Colts, Jets, Lions and Texans are on bye.
1. Aaron Rodgers vs. Minnesota
2. Tom Brady @ San Diego
3. Drew Brees vs. Cleveland
4. Eli Manning @ Dallas
5. Tony Romo vs. New York Giants
6. Ben Roethlisberger @ Miami
7. Joe Flacco vs. Buffalo
8. Kyle Orton vs. Oakland
9. Kevin Kolb @ Tennessee
10. Philip Rivers vs. New England
11. Carson Palmer @ Atlanta
12. Jay Cutler vs. Washington
13. Matt Ryan vs. Cincinnati
14. Matt Cassel vs. Jacksonville
15. Donovan McNabb @ Chicago
16. Brett Favre @ Green Bay
17. Alex Smith @ Carolina
18. Matt Hasselbeck vs. Arizona
19. Sam Bradford @ Tampa Bay
20. Josh Freeman vs. St. Louis
Inside the numbers:
- Big Ben showed no signs of rust, though he was playing against Cleveland. The improved running game makes him even harder to defend because you truly have to pick your poison.
- Philip Rivers can operate without Vincent Jackson. I’m not sure he can do the same without Antonio Gates. Not without taking a significant hit in value.
- Kevin Kolb is going to miss the services of DeSean Jackson this week, and longer. That is assuming Michael Vick isn’t re-inserted as the starter.
- Matt Cassel finally got on the same page with Dwayne Bowe. With another favorable matchup, Cassel is a borderline QB1 this week.
- Freeman averaged 180 passing yards, 38.5 rushing yards, and two TD passes against Cleveland and Carolina in Weeks One and Two. Look for a solid performance against St. Louis.
Also check out: