After months of waiting, the Toronto Maple Leafs are playing an NHL team tonight. For some reason, Gary Bettman screwed up again and the two AHL teams we beat count as part of the standings.
Please, if you are a Leafs fan do not point out this mistake. If you are a fan of the Flyers, and you point out this mistake so help me God I will kidnap Roy Halladay and put him back on the Blue Jays. Here are the things to watch for in tonight's game:
- The long anticipated matchup of the Pittsburgh Penguins top line versus Tim Brent's shut-down defence line. On a completely unrelated topic, I expect Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin to set single-season goals, assists and points records.
- Giguere will do horrible tonight as he will finally feel the void of a defenceman who would stick up for him by sticking up the middle finger.
- Brian Burke will be livid once he finds out that neither of the two first-round picks he traded away were top-five protected as the Penguins "smoke Giguere like a Cuban cigar."
- Ron Wilson's newest defensive strategy is destroyed, in hindsight he admits it was a mistake to build this strategy around Paul Martin.
- All the rest of the Leafs are wondering where Jeff Finger is as he is nowhere to be found on his usual place in the press box. Instead, some Detroit Red Wings player has wandered into it.