South Carolina's Head Baseball Coach Ray Tanner Receives Contract Extension
2010 College World Series Champion Gamecocks reward their National Coach of the Year.
Ray Tanner received a two-year contract extension and hefty raise from the South Carolina Board of Trustees on Friday afternoon.
Contract Worth: $510,000 annually
Contract Ends: Through the 2015 season
Ray Tanner Credentials
- 14th season as head coach at SC (23 years total head coaching)
- Collegiate Baseball and Baseball America's National Coach of the Year
- Past Decade: Four trips to the College World Series (three consecutive trips from 2002-2004)
- .692 winning percentage - the second highest in Southeastern Conference history
- Over 1,000 career victories
- 11 consecutive seasons of 40 or more wins
- One of only six schools to have reached the Super Regionals in eight of the last 11 years
- One of just eight schools to have made it to the NCAA Regionals in each season since 2000
Tanner started with the Gamecocks in 1997 and is originally from North Carolina. Before that he was the head coach at NC State for 9 years.
Ray Tanner looks to stay in South Carolina to complete his hall of fame career as a head coach. Look for South Carolina to do more damage in the upcoming years.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?