- Julio Jones will likely NOT play. Out with an injury, this just kills there passing game. If South Carolina shows up and shuts down the run, which they showed glimpses of against Auburn, our two top corners should be able to contain whatever Bama throws at them. Yes, I know Cameron Newton ran all over but the Crimson Tide's quarterback, Greg McElroy can't run. This would be the same if the Gamecocks lost Alshon Jeffery. It makes a huge difference because they provide big plays and the defense has to key on them which opens up the running game.
- ESPN College Gameday at Williams Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina. From my personal experience, I can still remember the atmosphere when Gameday came to town. It doesn't get any bigger than this. That's why ESPN choose this game over Michigan State and Michigan, which are both undefeated with an almost lock at Denard Robinson winning the Heisman. Note that these games are on at the same time!
- South Carolina just came off a bye week. Which means two weeks of preparation for this game. Perfect timing when you're facing the number one team in the country. Steve Spurrier will show he's still one of the top coaches in the game. The offense will need to be on the field more than usual because that will help Carolina's defense contain Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram. The less they are on the field, the less likely they will score.
- Marcus Lattimore. Auburn did a great job of stopping Marcus, no doubt about that. Spurrier announced that Stephen Garcia will get the start so his confidence should be up and he knows he needs to do well because the head ball coach won't hesitate to put in freshman, Connor Shaw. If Lattimore doesn't perform, Garcia does too much and turns the ball over.
- Alabama is riding on "high-tide" as they just blew out #7 Florida. They think they are unstoppable. South Carolina will be fresh and ready to go while the Crimson Tide will still be recovering from Florida. Yes, it was an easy game by looking at the score, but it took a lot out of them mentally and physically. If the Gamecocks can get off to a good start by scoring early and often and slowing down the running game, this game will be one to remember.
Weather: 80, Clear, and Sunny. Bring on the tailgate, bourbon, southern food, Carolina girls and life is good.