During the months of July and August, we asked fantasy football owners to submit their best fantasy football team names for the summer of 2010.
We received dozens upon dozens of submissions via comments and email, then we weeded it down to the best of the bunch per month and had you vote on it.
When it was all said and done, only two fantasy football team names remained.
And only one team name could win the best fantasy football team name of the summer: This is a McCluster Funk.
Congratulations to the winner. I will try to track down his/her email address and ship a prize in their direction.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a team name and/or voted on this contest. Make sure to bring your best team names again next summer!
Here are today's great reads:
- One of my five bold fantasy football predictions for 2010 is looking really, really good so far. I predicted that LaDainian Tomlinson would score more touchdowns this year than Shonn Greene. So far, so good. Tomlinson looks like his old self again. [Pro Football Reference]
- Sam Bradford has looked nothing like a rookie quarterback so far this season. This is great for the city of St. Louis, which has not seen quality football in a long time. At least now they have something to look forward to every week in Bradford. Heck, they are right in the thick of the NFC West. [Roto Arcade]
- The tight end position is evolving right in front of our eyes. Years ago, there were a few gems—Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and then everybody else. Now? There are at least a dozen tight ends who score more points than many of the game's top wide receivers week in and week out. [SI.com]
- The most underrated fantasy football player after four weeks? How about Kyle Orton? Probably owned still in at least a third of fantasy football leagues, Orton is putting up huge numbers. It does not appear that anything will change with this offense anytime soon, especially without Knowshon Moreno. [National Football Post]
- More Week 5 waiver wire additions. Kevin Kolb, who may have been released in your league after Michael Vick got the starting job, will be a popular add this week in all of those leagues. Now, can he hold on to the job in Philly? [Bruno Boys]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter.
If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean's Facebook page.
Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean's Google Reader Shared Items page.