Alabama Football: Notes from Two-A-Days
With two-a-days starting and the nights getting cooler, kickoff is just around the corner for the Tide. Here are a few links and notes from practice so far:
- It seems in year two of the Saban era the players are taking more responsibility and getting on board with coach and his philosophy.
- Julio Jones is quickly becoming John Parker Wilson's number one target.
- There is a lot of talk about this year's freshman class and who will play. Mark Barron, the safety out of St. Paul's in Mobile, has the size and the speed to be a starting safety. Julio Jones, B.J. Scott, and Tyler Love are getting more reps in practice with the first and second teams.
- Saban is looking for leadership to guide the younger players. He mentioned many of the upperclassmen like John Parker Wilson, Rolando McClain, and members of the offensive line.
- Greg McElroy is having a really good camp, the sophomore was 9-of-18 for 146 yards in Saturday's scrimmage. He seems to have the second quarterback spot locked up.
- One of the Alabama's main concerns will be depth at linebacker, but in the scrimmage Saturday Rolando McClain had five tackles and one interception. Mountain Brook's Charlie Higgenbotham led all players in tackles with eight.
- Nick Saban was named by Forbes Magazine as the most powerful coach in sports. He will appear on the cover of the September 1 issue, Saban became the first college football coach to be featured on the front of the magazine since it was created in 1917.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?