I was listening to the "2 Live Stews" radio show on Monday, and two things jumped out at me.
1) Co-host Ryan Stewart (former Detroit Lion) said that Michael Vick just earned himself a $50 million contract with his performances through the first two games.
2) Co-host Doug Stewart (Ryan's brother & former college football player) said that Michael Vick is one of the three most talented players he's ever seen play in the last 20 years, along with Randy Moss and Deion Sanders.
It caused me to think that somebody is going to pay him a king's ransom next year for his talented services. But the question is, "Who will that team be?"
Could it be any number of the following suspects:
- Oakland? The Raiders appear to be on the verge of making a quarterback change come this Sunday.
- Cleveland? The Browns have already had to utilize their second quarterback in two games.
- Buffalo? The Bills have announce that they are benching Trent Edwards for Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Arizona? The Cards let Matt Leinart go to put... Derek Anderson on the field?
- Jacksonville? The Jaguars could be ready to say it's time to move on from David Garrard.
- Any unknown team that could be ready to shake up the status quo? At this point, who really knows?
What we do know is that quarterback play has maybe never been shakier. Guys bet benched, pulled, named backup, then starter and back under center again real frequently. I want to take a look at the most likely teams to sign Vick for next year.
And of course, should one of these teams draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck, or Washington QB Jake Locker, then the likelihood of that team acquiring Vick can get adjusted in an extreme fashion.
As always, read, review, debate and enjoy!