August 7, 2008
Brought to you by RotoDish.com
Just a few things going on in the baseball world that you should know about:
- Big Papi has been struggling lately and he says its because he isn’t getting any protection with Manny Ramirez in LA. Picture Papi laying in bed holding a framed picture of him and Manny, with used tissues all over the room (crying not jerking off you sicko). *Look to trade Ortiz to someone who hasn’t noticed his mediocre Manny-less production before his value drops even more*
- The Rays with another crazy win, proving once again they won’t fall off the face of the earth. Six run ninth topped off by a Carlos Pena three run walk-off against the Indians.
- Kyle Kendrick blanked the Marlins and Howard hit another bomb. If you were actually able to trade for Ryan Howard (like I said you should) than do an Irish jig and watch his average rise.
- Joba Chamberlain’s shoulder is definitely hurt. The Yankees haven’t let anyone know how bad of an injury it is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joba was sent back to the bullpen next year if the diagnosis is serious. Just a guess, but his shoulder was molded by God himself for a relief pitcher, not a starter.
- I mentioned it in a previous post, but Jeff Karstens means business, and has pitched 15 straight scoreless innings for the Pirates. Arghh!
- David Wright’s error lost the Mets the game, but that doesn’t matter to you fantasy addicts unless you are a Mets fan so hooray!
- Jhonny Peralta- 5 for 5 with a homer 2 ribbies and 2 runnies. Peralta is putting together a solid season and is hitting .315 with 8 homers and 45 RBI’s since June 1.
- Albert Pujols- 4 for 4 with a homer 4 ribbies 2 runnies and a walkie (I’m done I promise). Pujols had just busted out of an 0-13 slump the day before, so fear the big man once again.
- Shaun Marcum won for the first time since returning from the DL… against the A’s. Everyone seems to think it isn’t a big deal since Oakland sucks, but I think its safe to start him ASAP.
- Timmy Lincecum and Ervin Santana are still chugging along after winning yesterday.
- The Cardinals are switching to a closer by committee plan, and Chris Perez earned his first save of the season.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!