Subscription Info, Facebook, Survival Football, and Fantasy Team Names
The 2010 NFL regular season now is less than two weeks away, which means it is time to do a little fall cleaning before stuff really starts to hit the fan. Plenty of links today, so take your time:
Subscribe to The Hazean
Get all the latest fantasy football news and advice right in your inbox by subscribing to The Hazean via email. We set it up to send out one email a day, in the morning, with all the stories posted on The Hazean from the previous day. It is a good way to start every morning!
Follow The Hazean on Facebook and Twitter
The Hazean's Facebook page moved past 200 fans last week, and we continue to post good stuff over there. It is not always fantasy football related, but we fantasy owners sometimes need a break from all the football info. If you are curious now as to what we do post, check out The Hazean's page on Facebook.
And of course, with Facebook comes Twitter. You can follow The Hazean on Twitter as well.
Join the Survival League, Win a T-Shirt
The Hazean's survival league is filling up nicely and it should be another exciting season of survival football. This year, we are planning to give away one of those T-shirts you can see on the right hand side of the page here.
To get yours, sign up for The Hazean's Survival League hosted by Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.
Remember the Best Fantasy Football Team Name Contest
Finally, there still is time to submit your best fantasy football team name for this month's contest. We are lacking in quantity this month so I plan on extending the contest to the start of the 2010 regular season. Submit your name today!
Here are today's great reads:
- There is a lot to talk about with the New York Jets from a fantasy perspective. Two good running backs and incredible depth at wide receiver all of a sudden. One of their wide receivers, Jerricho Cotchery, is not getting much love from fantasy owners this summer, however. Perhaps he should. [Hatty Waiver Wire Guru]
- Fantasy owners always are looking for a way to get ahead of the competition. There are so many things to read and follow on the internet, it is almost overwhelming (almost). Another way to get ahead of the competition this season is to listen to fantasy football podcasts on your mp3 player. That way you can always be connected to good fantasy information! [Football Jabber]
- Five underrated players for the 2010 fantasy season. Will mention two of them here: Wes Welker had a miraculous recovery from a late-season knee injury and is maintaining good fantasy value. Arian Foster, meanwhile, is the clear-cut No. 1 running back in Houston and should be moving up everyone's draft chart. [FanHouse]
- If you are looking for good late-round fliers in fantasy drafts, there are at least six names you need to know. For example, Kareem Huggins is a surging name on fantasy boards after getting promoted to the No. 2 job in Tampa Bay. Good name to know when some guy in your league drafts Derrick Ward (ha!). [Pancake Blocks]
- Fantasy owners love the third-year wide receiver theory. Could be breakout seasons for some of these guys, but two of them—DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon—already had their breakout seasons. Now, can they improve on their productive 2009 seasons? [Bruno Boys]
- Finally, the Fantasy Juggernaut Index continues to roll toward the regular season. Matt Ryan and the Falcons come in at No. 9, Brett Favre and the Vikings at No. 8, and Matt Schaub and the Texans at No. 7. Three good fantasy QBs right there. [Roto Arcade]
If you are a Tweeter, follow The Hazean on Twitter. If it is a good chuckle you desire, check out The Hazean's Facebook page. Remember to follow (Twitter) and become a fan (Facebook) of The Hazean on both popular social networking sites.
If it is just more solid reading material that you crave, check out The Hazean's Google Reader Shared Items page.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?