Goalies play an important part in a team. Some have a lot of pressure to make saves that will help their team win and others make it seem so natural.
Here's a list of quotes from former goaltenders and their opinion on what it is like to be in nets.
- "In Biblical times I stoned people to death. Now they are re-paying me by hurling pucks at my head." - Giles Gratton
- "Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through." -Jacques Plante
- "There is no position in sport as noble as goaltending." - Vladislav Tretiak
- "It's the only way I can support my family. If I could do it some other way, I wouldn't be playing goal." - Glenn Hall
- "The goalie is like the guy on the minefield. He discovers the mines and destroys them. If you make a mistake, somebody gets blown up. " - Arturs Irbe
- We are the sort of people who make health insurance popular." - Terry Sawchuk
- "The scariest thing in the world is losing your mask." - Patrick Roy
"We goaltenders tend to be very proud bastards." - Gerry Cheevers
- "Only Dunlop has seen more rubber then I have." - Dominik Hasek
- "If a goaltender makes a mistake, the red light goes on over him. And believe me, some nights you get sunburned out there with the lights, burning so much over you." - Pete Peeters
Follow me on twitter