NHL Breeze: Aug.23, Agitator Ruutu's Day, Mitchell Report, And Kariya?
NHL Breeze: Aug.23, Morning Edition
To begin the day, I just want to wish a Happy Birthday to you!
Also Happy birthdays to:
Jarkko Ruutu, 35, Ottawa Senators (former-Vancouver Canuck)
Today’s NHL news and notes:
- Also, happy birthday to Team1040 voice, Ray Ferraro, he is 46 today.
- We should get a decision from the Willie Mitchell camp in a couple days if not today.
- Paul Kariya is all quiet, but he has a good possibility of rejoining the Ducks
- Flyers talking to Bill Guerin. Atlantic Division teams have a tendency to take players from rival teams. Interesting motive.
- Cristobal Huet may end up in a Swiss league. Blackhawks were in discussions to loan Huet to Europe to clear their cap space.
Condolences to the Dineen family for losing mother Pat on Thursday. Pat is the mother of six including Kevin Dineen
- Former Leaf Kyle Wellwood not receiving interests or offers from
- Blackhawks trying to find European teams to loan Huet
- Atlanta Thrashers signed RFA Bryan Little to a new contract extension
- Willie Mitchell to make his decision on where to join Monday.
- Trent Whitfield broke his Achilles during workout. Bruins may lose him for an entire season.
- NHL to change tiebreaker system so that the first tiebreak becomes wins excluding shootout victories. Only wins in regulation and OT counts.
· Scott Howson is the person that proposed the change back in March.
- Vinny Lecavalier underwent arthroscopic knee surgery and is expected to recover in 4-weeks. Just in time for the Lightning’s training camp.
- Tampa Bay Lightning training camp starts Sept.17.
- Montréal Canadiens expected to announce the hiring of Patrick Boivin, son of Pierre, to become the club’s director of hockey operations. He replaces Brisbois who joined the Lightning as assistant general manager.
- Pierre Gauthier will be GM for the Bulldogs
- Islanders could be in the hunt for Sheldon Souray if Edmonton couldn’t make a deal with the Capitals for Fleischmann.
- Sami Salo expected to be out until after Christmas is the early indication. He suffered Achilles injury while playing floor hockey in Finland.
- Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Brian Burke among many in favour of the hybrid icing rule
- Luke Schenn is glad Kaberle returns, but Kaberle and his dad now reportedly saying his son Tomas does not want to play for Ron Wilson. He is not alone. Trade is a welcomed possibility.
- Condolences to Shea Weber’s family who lost Mrs. Weber to a long battle with brain tumor.
- Canucks training camp is between Sept.12-16 in Penticton, B.C. Many other teams are hosting training camp the same time.
- Bill Sweatt opened his own Twitter account. Many NHLers are catching on to the new technology @billySweatt
- Willie Mitchell will make his decision after the weekend is over. VAN, LA, SJ, WAS in hunt.
- Alexander Ovechkin said of course he will play in the NHL and not the KHL, it’s every player’s dream…in his interview about the KHL on Radio Sport.
- Ovechkin also talked about KHL not honouring their salary promised and rightfully owed to players. “There is also a deception. Look at what is happening with Lada Togliatti – it is a disgrace. In America it is difficult to imagine not paying people their salary.”
Thank you for participating.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?