NHL Breeze: Aug.17, 2010, Evening Edition
Happy birthdays to:
- Eric Boulton, 34, Atlanta Thrashers
- Troy Brouwer, 25, Chicago Blackhawks
- David Legwand, 30, Nashville Predators
NHL news and notes:
- - Sean Bergenheim signs a new contract with Steve Yzerman and the Tampa Bay Lightning
- - Chris Pronger is unsure when he will make a return from his right knee operation earlier this month. He hopes to be back for the regular season, but no time table is set.
- - Nick Boynton signed a 1-year deal with the Chicago Blackhawks at close to league minimum
- - Start your engines for Kevin Bieksa rumours! Bieksa is getting strong interests in San Jose, Washington, Dallas, Los Angeles, Columbus, and Tampa Bay.
- - There is swirls saying the NHL is just throwing smoke screen in front of the other 4 outstanding long-term contracts. Nothing is expected to happen to them.
- - Willie Mitchell will make a trip down to Washington D.C. before making an appointment with Vancouver before making his final decision. It could come as soon as next week. It’s not really about the money for Willie. He wants to stay and play out his career in Vancouver in all likelihood.
- - Kevin Bieksa spoke about his trade rumour swirling around the NHL. However, he has answered questions before. Nothing new. It is out of his hands. This is all because he has no no-trade implications and costs 3.75mil a year. We don’t know if he will be moved or not yet.
- - Peter Forsberg is not likely to continue with hockey, because of his foot structure. Great player, but not a cooperative body to go along with all that talent.
- - Tomas Fleischmann could be on the move. It could be a trade to find a place for Eric Belanger to formally sign with the Capitals. Stay tuned to that.
Thank you for your participation.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!