NHL Breeze: Aug.14, Evening Edition
Note: thank you to the fans who are showing concern about where the "NHL Breeze" have gone. The computer I was working with is in repair and should be good to go by next week.
For now, here is the latest around the NHL:
Happy Birthday to You!
and also to:
Kyle Turris, 21, Phoenix Coyotes
Shea Weber, 25, Nashville Predators
Josh Gorges, 26, Montréal Canadiens
Adam Hall, 30, Tampa Bay Lightning
- Tomas Kaberle is the centre of attention now for the hockey fans, Brian Burke is expected to keep listening to offers until last minute to decide if he believes the offer is "sweet enough" to be done. So far, he is on record of saying "I don't know."
- teams showing interest in Kaberle includes: Tampa Bay Lightning, San Jose Sharks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Anaheim Ducks, Dallas Stars, Colorado Avalanche, Washington Capitals, etc.
- LA Kings are rumoured to be very interested in defenseman Willie Mitchell
- New Jersey Devils are trying hard to sign Ilya Kovalchuk, but their roster will be impacted if Kovy signs a "legal deal" that does not circumvent the salary cap.
- A few teams like San Jose, Columbus, Anaheim and Washington are all in the hunt for Kevin Bieksa from Vancouver. But do not expect much to happen until Tomas Kaberle story is settled.
- Lee Stempniak inching closer to a contract, possibly re-signing with the Coyotes. Deal expected to be 1 or 2 years in length.
Thank you for having me.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.