One of the most popular office pools is the Survivor or Eliminator pool where participants must pick one winner each week. Most have a rule that says that participants can not pick the same team twice and once you miss a game you are eliminated. The major issue with this pool is that it usually ends before the end of the regular, sometimes weeks before. It also knocks participants out early and therefore many lose interest.
So here is my suggestion: PLAYOFF SURVIVOR POOL
Still have your regular season Survivor pool but when the playoffs begin you will then start a playoff pool.
I got this idea from an NFL forum and really like it. You must plan differently in this pool because you might have to save teams to use down the road, possibly all the way thru to the Super Bowl.
- All entries will be required to make DOUBLE picks on the first 2 weeks of the PLAYOFFS, and then a single pick for Week 3 and then finally a single pick for the Super Bowl (Must pick 6 teams in total).
- If your team(s) wins, you survive that week.
- Survive until the end of the pool or until you are the only one left and you win or share the entire purse.
- One catch – you can only pick each NFL team ONCE during the entire pool
- Picks must be made before kickoff of the game involved but near the end of the pool, the deadline may be adjusted and may be as early as the first game of the week
- An entry that survives a round but has no picks left is deemed to have survived further than an entry that does not survive that round
- An entry whose pick loses in a round is deemed to have survived further than an entry that had no picks left at the beginning of that same round.
- Regular Season Winner = 50%
- Playoff Winner = 50%