According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York (click HERE to read full article):
Suspended Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez has been released without bail and told to stay away from his girlfriend’s father while facing charges he assaulted the man.Rodriguez appeared at a Queens courthouse on Thursday afternoon. Earlier, he was suspended by the team for two days.
Rodriguez was charged with third-degree assault and second-degree harassment after a scuffle at Citi Field following Wednesday night’s game.
The star pitcher did not enter a plea. Earlier in the day, police said Rodriguez grabbed Carlos Pena from a Citi Field family lounge, struck him in the face and banged his head against the wall.
Andy Martino of the Daily News tweeted, the Mets will suspend K-Rod for 2 games without pay, while sending the closer to anger management classes. No additional discipline will be levied by MLB:
A statement was issued by COO Jeff Wilpon...TO READ THE REST OF THIS POST AND OTHERS LIKE IT HEAD TO METSZILLA.COM BY CLICKING HERE: