NHL Breeze: Aug.10, 2010, Morning Edition
· Sam Gagne, 21, Edmonton Oilers
· David Jones, 26, Colorado Avalanche
· Mathieu Roy, 27, Tampa Bay Lightning
· Darcy Hordichuk, 30 Vancouver Canucks
- Tomas Kaberle T-5. 5 days until the Contract terms for his no-trade clause kicks back in on Aug.15. Brian Burke will try and do something or nothing at all in these 5 days. More than 10 teams showing interest.
- Ilya Kovalchuk will continue to talk to teams about a new contract for the coming season. Devils reportedly began the renegotiation already. Look for teams like Los Angeles Kings and the KHL to show their interest again.
- Willie Mitchell could consider Minnesota as one of his destinations for the coming season as some fans stated. However, there isn’t any word on whether the two sides are even talking. Front runners are Vancouver, Washington, San Jose. Take Detroit off the list after Salei signed.
- Pittsburgh Penguins 6th D should be announced at training camp. Ben Lovejoy is the guy the organization believes is ready to make the jump full-time.
- If Mitchell is coming to Vancouver, Kevin Bieksa is on the move. Look for that to happen despite Sami Salo’s long-term injury.
- NHL players starting to return to their cities to train and get ready for the new season. Just ask the group in Columbus working with Kevin Collins.
- Paul Kariya remain un-signed by an NHL team. Maybe he is thinking to retire from hockey, but Selanne wants him to join the Ducks again for a good playoff push.
Thank you for reading.
Follow Joseph on Twitter.