This is my second installment of Fantasy Football Sleepers. Running backs will be the feature of this addition of Fantasy Football Sleepers. RB’s in my opinion are the most important part to any fantasy football roster. Everyone knows of the big name backs such as; Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore and Ray Rice. However, every year there are the few RB that slip in the draft who have not yet got there chance to shine that finally have that break out year. For example before Chris Johnson was the number one fantasy player he was a guy drafted in the 13th round. The first three sleepers are players who I feel are high level players, which means they will or should be drafted in the first 4 rounds. Number four and five will be players who might be drafted 5th round or later. Let’s get started with my top 5 fantasy sleepers.
- Ryan Matthews- The man replacing the legendary L.T. in San Diego. He was the Chargers first round pick and will be the feature back in the Bolts explosive offense. I consider him a high level sleeper as he will probably be drafted within the first couple rounds. Try to snag him late second round to mid third round.
- Chris “Beanie” Wells- The former Ohio State football star and current future NFL star is a must have high level sleeper. He came along really strong late in the 2009 season and started to show why he was so highly touted coming out of college. Don’t let him fall past you in the 4th-5th rounds.
- Shonn Greene- He should be the feature back for the New York Jets, even with the signing of Landanlian Tomlinson. Greene will probably be taking ahead of Wells and Matthews so look to grab him in mid to late second round.
- Ben Tate- Tate was a second round pick out of the University of Auburn. He will be playing on the exciting offense of the Houston Texans, and seems poised to make a big bang his rookie year. He is a big back who should defiantly be the goal line ball carrier for the Texans and has a chance to be the feature back opening day.
- Darren McFadden- Seems like Mr. McFadden is always on the list of top sleepers. I feel that this is the year that Darren finally realizes some of his potential and his a big year. The Raiders are not bringing back Justin Fargas so that should signal the sign of McFadden getting more touches. Try to draft him between the mid 6th and late 7th round.
Some other top level sleepers to keep in mind are; Knowshon Moreno, Felix Jones, and Jamaal Charles
Some other mid level sleepers are; C.J. Spiller, Ahmad Bradshaw and Jahvid Best.