Are The Mets Destined For Another World Series Visit?
The Mets start the second half of the season in a good position to reach the playoffs. There's still a cloud of uncertainty hanging around the team, but that doesn't mean they can't do some serious damage. Don't believe me? Look at some similarities to the last Mets team make the World Series:
- Jeff Franceour = Derrek Bell : Bell had a fantastic April, and then disappeared afterwards, and lost playing time because of it. Franceour also had a fantastic April, and then much like Bell disappeared afterwards, and is going to lose playing time because of it, like Bell did.
- Mike Pelfrey = Al Leiter : Although Leiter was seond in the rotation he pitched like an ace, and so far Pelfrey has done the same.
- Johan Santana = Mike Hampton : Hampton started the season unexpectedly bad, and turned it around in the second half. Santana also started the season unexpectedly bad, and has started to turn it around. Can Santana continue to turn it around like Hampton did in 2000? Santana has a history of being a second half pitcher.
- Glendon Rusch/Bobby Jones = R.A. Dickey : Rusch and Jones solidified the back end of the rotation, a rotation that looked questionable after the third slot. Dickey has done much the same in a rotation that looked questionable after the third spot in the rotation Dickey has stepped in and solidified the fourth spot in the rotation. Will the Mets acquire a started to push back Jon Niese and Dickey, and solidify the back end of the rotation like Rusch and Jones did in 2000?
- Mike Piazza = David Wright : Piazza ended 2000 with 38 HR's 113 RBI's and a batting average of .324. Wright is on pace for 26 HR's 120 RBI's with a .314 batting average.
- Todd Zeile = Ike Davis : Zeile ended 2000 with 22 HR's and 79 RBI's. Davis is on pace for 22 HR's and 79 RBI's.
- Armando Benitez = Francisco Rodriguez : No explanation necessary.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?