Before the Mets-DiamondBacks series began, the Mets announced the activation of Luis Castillo and the demotion of Ruben Tejada. The Mets are looking to rebound from a 1-3 series against the Giants. Here is tonight’s lineup, with comments from me:
1. Jose Reyes – SS Reyes finally returns, so the infield is as it should be now. He will hit left-handed.
2. Angel Pagan – RF Pagan has done a great job for the Mets this year.
3. David Wright – 3B Wright is playing after injuring his knee on a ball hit by Pat Burrell yesterday.
4. Carlos Beltran – CF Thursday night was the only time I got to see Beltran play, so I am looking forward to watching him tonight.
5. Ike Davis – 1B Davis had a hot series this past weekend. He had two home runs on Saturday, and also had two run-scoring doubles yesterday, one of which gave the Mets the lead in the 10th.
6. Jason Bay – LF
7. Rod Barajas - C
8. Luis Castillo - 2B Didn’t think I would write his name for a while. Castillo last played a major league game on June 1 in San Diego.
9. Mike Pelfrey – SP Pelfrey has struggled of late, as he was dealing with dead arm. He got switched from his scheduled start on Saturday to pitch today due to a neck injury.
Tonight’s starting pitching matchup will be: For the Mets, Mike Pelfrey (10-4, 3.58 ERA) will face Ian Kennedy (4-7, 4.12 ERA). Tonight’s game is scheduled to start at 9:40 pm. Tonight’s game will be broadcast on SNY.
Flushing Baseball Daily reporter, Tyler Moore. Follow Tyler on Twitter, where he'll discuss Mets, and also his posts. If you wish to email him, send an email to Tyler with the subject of Flushing Baseball Daily Mail. Thanks for reading!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!