The Sacramento Kings are one of the few teams with enough cap space to sign a free agent to a max contract this year. Although that is true, Sacramento is not known for attracting big name free agents, so here are a few realistic names that the Kings would be smart to pursue and that they actually have a shot at getting.
1. Rudy Gay (Restricted FA)- Rudy would be the perfect compliment to Tyreke and this new, evolving Sacramento team. He adds some more athleticism and the three-point touch that would be put to use on Tyreke's kick outs and when Demarcus Cousins gets doubled in the post. Rudy will get offers from a handful of teams, but could see the benefit in joining the young and promising Kings.
2. Raymond Felton (Unrestricted FA)- Raymond Felton would benefit the Kings greatly. He would add another point guard, which they desperately need, and would add depth to the bench by allowing Beno Udrih to slide to bench role. Felton isn't the best three-point shooter but can hit the three with decent consistency. He would make up for any lack of long ball range by doing a great job of distributing the ball and being an upgrade defensively to Beno.
3. Anthony Morrow (Restricted FA)- Morrow would add similar benefits to what Gay would add. Of course Anthony Morrow is not near Gay's level of skill, but he would add the athleticism and three-point range that Gay would add to the table as well. Morrow is, in fact, a better long range shooter than Gay, but Gay has the ability to take over a game if Tyreke or Demarcus were struggling to get their offensive games going.
4. Ronnie Brewer (Restricted FA)- Brewer lacks long ball range, which is something the Kings are looking for if they seek to acquire another guard. But Brewer would add a defensive presence that would be superior to any other guards on the King's roster as of now. He also brings some athleticism to the table as well and would be a great player for Tyreke to run the break with.
5. Shannon Brown (Restricted FA)- Shannon Brown sounds like he is opting out of his contract and will test the free agent market. This is a great sign for any team that would like to add athleticism and a bench spark to their team. Brown would be a great addition to the Kings and for Tyreke to throw alley oops to time and time again. I can just see the Evans-Brown alley oop making ESPN's top 10 plays numerous times throughout the season.