June 22, 2010
The following is a mock draft based upon predicted team records, perceived needs and preliminary prospect evaluations. In other words it will all change as the actual season unfolds in both college and the NFL.
1. Buffalo Bills- Jake Locker, Quarterback, Senior, Washington
Bills need a franchise QB and Chan Gailey likes them mobile.
2. Tampa Bay Bucs- Robert Quinn, Defensive End, Junior, UNC
The idea of Quinn next to Gerald McCoy is already frightening.
3. St. Louis Rams- A.J. Green, Wide Receiver, Junior, Georgia
Bradford’s accuracy plus Green’s legs might equal greatness.
4. Denver Broncos- Marcel Dareus, Defensive End, Junior, Alabama
The Broncos' defensive line needs a young cornerstone.
5. Cleveland Browns- Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Redshirt Sophomore, Stanford
In a good position organizationally, to develop a young stud QB. Perfect fit.
6. Arizona Cardinals- Patrick Peterson, Cornerback, Junior, LSU
Not the Cardinals biggest need, but too talented to pass up.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Ryan Mallett, Quarterback, Redshirt Junior, Arkansas
Look for a new regime, hence a new QB.
8. Carolina Panthers- Marvin Austin, Defensive Tackle, Senior, UNC
Some homegrown beef for the Panthers' thin defensive line.
9. Chicago Bears- Julio Jones, Wide Receiver, Junior, Alabama
A Brandon Marshall type of WR to team up with Cutler; minus the headaches.
10. Seattle Seahawks- Michael Floyd, Wide Receiver, Junior, Notre Dame
If Pete Carroll likes Golden Tate he will love Michael Floyd!
*Draft order graciously supplied by Rick Serritella
To see the complete mock draft at NFLdraftbible.com click here.