Top Five Things New York Must Do To Sign LeBron James
Of all the teams in the LBJ race, NY is the team with the biggest holes. Here are the five things NY must do to add LeBron James to the roster.
1. Attack The Draft
Right now, The Knicks only have four players under contract for next season. Last season, the Knicks bought the 29th pick in the draft.
This year, they are looking for another pick in the 26-32 range. Let's assume they add Memphis' final first round pick (No. 28). Add that to the 38th and 39th picks and they are in business. Here are the players they need.
1. No. 28- Jerome Jordan. 7'1" monster post player. The Knicks took Jordan Hill last season because they ranked 28th, 27th, 30th, and 26th in blocks the previous four seasons.
Jordan could be the solid post player the Knicks would need if David Lee is gone. He will not score like Lee but could provide a defensive presence.
2. No. 38- Jordan Crawford. Crawford would be a perfect prospect for the Knicks because he can score. The Knicks need a scoring presence off the bench and I believe Crawford could be that man.
3. No. 39- Mac Koshwal- Who? Koshwal played at DePaul last season and didn't disappoint. He averaged 16 points, 10 rebounds, and almost two steals as a post player. Every team needs a solid post player off the bench and Koshwal could be that man.
2. Look for a Solid PG
Last year, The Knicks took Jordan Hill. They passed up on Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Darren Collison, and Eric Maynor. Chris Duhon fell out of favor, then Sergio Rodriguez choked up the Job. I don't believe Toney Douglas is a starter. The Knicks need to look for a young PG who can start.
I would suggest Mike Conley. In his three seasons at Memphis he's steadily improved. I believe the Knicks could help him improve even more. He's young (only 22) and has some upside, just not in Memphis. I feel Memphis could look to shop him and NY should run for him.
Maybe Wilson Chandler for Conley and the 28th pick? Just a thought.
3. David Lee's Value? Worth a Bosh?
David Lee. 20-10 last season. All Star. What to do with him? On paper, he's probably the best Tier Two FA this year. With Chris Bosh most likely interested in a sign-and-trade, could Lee be the player who could bring Bosh to New York?
What if Toronto isn't interested in Lee? Could the Knicks could and shop him to Phoenix for Stoudemire? Utah for Boozer? Either way, The Knicks must either re-sign Lee or move him to add another superstar next to LeBron.
4. Eddy Curry's Contract? Move or Keep?
Remember him? Yes, that's Eddy Curry. He's currently making $11 million next season. That's his final year of his contract. The Knicks have a tough choice to make.
Either move Eddy Curry and a talent (first round pick in 2011, Toney Douglas, or Wilson Chandler) for a player like Richard Hamilton, Emaka Okafor, or even Tony Parker. The Knicks could also keep Curry's contract, let it expire in 2011, and add another solid talent for LeBron.
5. The Passing Lanes
Thanks for reading! This is my promotion slide. Please check out my website
We love feedback. Sign up to the site! We love comments and ideas to improve the site. Also, check out our podcast on the top right side of the website!