2010 MLB Draft Results: Yankees Draft Summary, Rounds 31-50
The draft is over and on the final day the Yankees selected rounds 31-50. In total they got 11 pitchers, six righties and five lefties, two catchers, and seven outfielders.
Here is the round by round break down:
31. James Gibson, RHP, Florida Atlantic – Jr
32. Kramer Sneed, LHP, Barton College – Jr
33. Michael Hachadorian, RHP, San Diego Mesa College – So
34. William Kish, RHP, Germantown Academy HS, PA
35. William Oliver, RHP, Palomar College – So
36. Nick McCoy, C, University of San Diego – Sr
37. Cameron Hobson, LHP, Dayton – DES
38. James Ramsey, OF, Brandon HS, Florida
39. Jaycob Brugman, OF, Desert Vista HS, Arizona
40. Michael Gerber, OF, Neuqua Valley HS, Illinois
41. Tymothy Pearson, OF, Columbia Basin CC, Oregon
42. Michael O’Neill, OF, Olentangy Liberty HS
43. Kyle Hunter, LHP, Kansas State – DES
44. David Middendorf, LHP, Northern Kentucky – Jr
45. Tyler Johnson, OF, Penn State – Jr
46. Nathan Forer, RHP, Southern Illinois University – Sr
47. Frederick Lewis, LHP, Tennessee Wesleyan College – Jr
48. Alex Brown, RHP, Amphitheater HS, Arizona
49. Will Arthur, OF, Abbotsford Secondary School HS, British Columbia
50. James Rice, C, Western Kentucky – Jr
I interviewed a pair of lefties as part of my draft coverage for Pinstripes Plus, 32nd pick Kramer Sneed and 43rd pick Kyle Hunter .
Sneed has a fastball, a cutter, a curve, and he’s working on a changeup. It sounds like the Yankees aren’t looking to sign him right away.
He’s what they call a draft and follow. The Yankees will draft a guy they like, but aren’t sure about, and they’ll watch him during the summer. If they like what they see they’ll offer him a contract.
Hunter is another draft and follow guy, but in his case he’s what they call a draft eligible sophomore. That’s a sophomore who because of his age (at least 21-years-old within 45 days of the draft) is eligible for the draft.
This gives him extra leverage in negotiations as he has still has two more seasons in college as opposed to most juniors in the draft who only have one.
Hunter was also drafted before by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 33rd round in 2008, but failed to sign for monetary reasons. Hunter was drafted in the 43rd round today, but told me he expected to go much higher. Teams might have been scared off by his status as a DES.
Hunter throws a fastball that sits at 87-89 and goes up to 92, a circle change and a curve.
Most Commented Posts
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?