We can only dream but due to the top teams predicted to make it to the top of 2010, these are the games that should be seen in 2010.
1. #1 Alabama vs. # 10 Oregon. Autzen Stadium (Eugene, Oregon).
Why? Tradition vs. Innovation. SEC vs. Pac-10. Quick strike offense (37.7 pts /game vs. the toughest SEC defense (11.1 pts against/game). Efficient power offense vs. a “no name” quick Oregon defense: Nick Saban vs. Chip Kelly. For Alabama: Greg McElroy, Julio Jones, a Heisman winner, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson. For Oregon: LaMichael James, no Jeremiah Masoli, a “no name defense”.
2. #4 Texas Longhorns vs. #3 Boise St. Broncos. Bronco Stadium (Boise, Idaho).
Why? WAC vs. Big 12. Powerhouse vs. Overachiever. Mack Brown vs. Chris Peterson. Forgotten Idaho vs. Powerful Texas. 44.2 pts per game (Boise St.) vs. 15.2 pts against per game (Texas). Four and five star recruits vs. Two and three star recruits. The Broncos return 23 of 24 starters. For Boise State: Kellen Moore, James Avery. For Texas: No Colt McCoy, and the beginning of the Garrett Gilbert era.
3. #15 USC Trojans vs. #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers. Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, Nebraska).
Why? The return of Nebraska vs. the possible demise of the USC dynasty. Lane Kiffin vs. Bo Pelini. Matt Barkley vs. the “Black Shirt Defense” The Red Sea. For USC: The best athletes from the West Coast, Monte Kiffin, Ed Orgeron.
4. #2 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #21 North Carolina Tar Heels. Kenan Stadium (Chapel Hill, NC).
Why? Terrelle Pryor vs. the UNC defense. Scarlet Red vs. Baby blue. Jim Tressel vs. Butch Davis. The talented OSU defense vs. the unproven UNC offense. Chapel Hill fired up. Marvin Austin, Butch Davis, and Cameron Hayward.
5. #12 Oklahoma Sooners vs. Arizona Wildcats. Arizona Stadium (Tuscon, Arizona).
Why? Bob Stoops vs. Mike Stoops. The tradition of OU vs. the inconsistency of Arizona. Big 12 vs. Pac-10. The beginning of the Landry Jones era. Great television.
6. #7 Florida Gators vs. #13 Pittsburgh Panthers. Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA).
Why? The rebuilding talented Gators vs. the Big East favorite Panthers. Urban Meyer vs. Dave Wannstedt. The end of the Tim Tebow era.
7. #24 Stanford Cardinal vs. Michigan Wolverines. Michigan Stadium (Ann Arbor, Michigan).
Why? The return of Jim Harbaugh to Ann Arbor. Academia vs. Tradition. Rich Rodriguez on the hot seat. Pac-10 vs. Big Ten. Andrew Luck’s rise to a legit NFL prospect.
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Montana Grizzlies. Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Missoula, Montana).
Why? FCS powerhouse vs. a pastime powerhouse. Four and Five star recruits vs. One and Two star recruits with FBS transfers. Loyal fans. The beginning of the Brian Kelly era. Upset special.
9. #19 Penn State Nittany Lions vs. #21 Florida State Seminoles. Doak Campbell Stadium (Tallahassee, Florida).
Why? Tradition vs. Tradition. Bobby Bowden. Joe Paterno vs. Jimbo Fisher. Big Ten vs. ACC. The Tomahawk Chop. Talent, talent, talent.
10. #14 LSU Tigers vs. California Golden Bears. Memorial Stadium (Berkley, California).
Why? SEC vs. Pac-10. Les Miles vs. Jeff Tedford. the Deep South vs. The Bay area.