Time For Change: 10 Guys Who Could Be NBA Head Coaches Next Season

« Prev
1 of 11
Next »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse the slideshow
Time For Change: 10 Guys Who Could Be NBA Head Coaches Next Season

This offseason there will be a rich pool of head coaching candidates available for all those teams who already have an opening or for those that are seriously considering a changing of the guard.

Chicago, New Jersey, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and the L.A. Clippers all have vacancies and will be pursuing most of the big names out there.

In Atlanta, Mike Woodson is on the last leg of his contract and while most feel he deserves an extension, he hasn't received it yet; making a second consecutive second-round exit from the playoffs won't help is case either.

There's no telling what will happen in Denver with George Karl. He's in the middle of his second bout with cancer, this time dealing with a treatable yet still serious neck and throat form of the disease.

His health comes before basketball, plain and simple; there's a chance he won't be back next season.

In Miami, there are quiet rumblings of a return of the master yet again. In Lakerland, there are worries of the master leaving yet again. Could we see Pat Riley in with the Heat and Phil Jackson out with L.A.?

Riley said he would do whatever it took to create a dynasty in Miami, even if that meant returning to the bench. Jeannie Buss told reporters in Los Angeles that she though Jackson would be back next season, but wasn't sure.

Jackson later said there's a 90 percent chance he comes back; that other 10 percent is still troubling though.

These are a few of the situations out there that will headline the coaching debates this offseason in a backdrop to the greater story of free agency. Having a reliable skipper on the bench is almost as important as talent on the court though.

Let's take a look at the top 10 names out there who should be considered for head coaching positions next season.

Begin Slideshow »

Follow B/R on Facebook


Subscribe Now

By signing up for our newsletter, you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.

Thanks for signing up.