The New York Mets have one of the best uniforms in all of baseball…too bad they never wear them.
The addition of ‘Black’ in 1998 as the team’s official third color, accompanying the Royal Blue & Orange, looked bad then…and it looks bad now.
Going back to the all blue cap with the orange interlocking “NY” would put them back in the league’s upper-crust of uniforms. As it stands, they’re near rock bottom.
I’ve posted my best uniform rankings below…in no particular order. And the Cubs, of course, are a given!
- Yankees – A classic, regardless of the payroll.
- Giants – The off-white unis are not only stylish, but a perfect complement to SBC Park.
- Tigers – Another classic. Old Englsh style ‘D’ is awesome.
- Seattle – They made teal cool.
- Dodgers – Simple. Clean. Classic.
- Boston – Stick with tradition…I like that.
- St. Louis – Birds on the bat remain a staple.
- Milwaukee – Original look. Modern. Fits nicely with Miller Park, too.
- White Sox – This is how you style black.
- Cincinnati – Ditched the black four years ago. Back near the top of the list.