It is hard to rank your top five most memorable moments in sports, not to mention in one sport alone. But with many spectacular moments over the last several decades, here is a compilation of my top five most memorable moments in sports:
5. The home run chase between Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa in 2005. This had baseball fans on their feet in every ball park that these two played in, bringing baseball to new heights and new records.
4. Ali VS Frazier, simply called "the Fight of the Century."
3. Watching Wayne Gretzky beat Gordie Howe's hockey record (Goals: 894 , Assists: 1963, Points: 2857)
2. Tiger Woods winning his first Masters by 12 strokes in 1997, then giving his mentor/coach, his father, a hug.
1. Being a fan from Toronto, I will have to say that my number one most memorable moment in sports comes from several decades ago. Even though I wasn't even born yet, the thought of the Toronto Maple Leafs wining the Stanley Cup in 1967 brings shivers to my body. I wait and hope that this happens again soon.
Toronto Maple Leafs, Stanley Cup Champions 1967.
I know this is a short article, but there are simply too many amazing moments in sports to name all of them. With young and talented athletes everyday coming into our sports world, the future is looking brighter for more memorable moments like my top five. What are yours?