MLB Preview 2010
The previews and predictions for all 30 Major League Baseball teams this season. I preview all 30 Major League Baseball teams in their respected divisions with a small breakdown with their keys to succees and how far i think they will go. AT the end you can see my playoff predictions at the end. We all look forward to a great season and 162 games of americas favorite national pasttime. The yankees try to defend their title, as the phillies try to get to their third world series in 3 straight years.
The National League West starts off or divisional previews, with looking like another year when almost anyone can win it. Expect for this league to come down to the last week with 3 teams having a shot to make the playoffs.
1. San Fransisco Giants 75-90 wins 1st-3rd place The Giants bring in 2 of the best pitchers in the game and Barry Zito as the veteran. Their pitching will decide if they win their ''max'' of 90 games, and win the divison. Expect for Pablo Sandoval to have a breakout year, and with a underrated lineup and great defense this team has what it takes to win the divisions
2. Los Angeles Dodgers 75-95 wins 1st-4th place If they play like we know they can, they will be tough for anyone to play, with Manny trying, and their pitching better than the postseason. They have the most power in the division and have the best chance to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Andre Eithier will have to step up as a leader to get this team where it needs to be.
3. Colorado Rockies 70-90 wins 1st-4th place The Rockies are a solid contender to go back to the postseason because of the way they play defensively and their big bats. This team has been through the up and downs and will be tough to kick out of this race, but pitching could do them in, in the end.
4. Arizona Diamondbacks 55-75 wins 3rd-5th place The 'Backs definately hace a couple stars, but they don't have a team yet. They have two proven pitchers and Mark Reynolds will be a tough out every at bat, but arizona lacks leadership and could get ugly quick unless their 3-5 pitchers dont step it up.
5. San Diego Padres 50-60 wins 4th-5th place They will have to make sure Adrian Gonzalez stays as a Padre the entire year to have a shot to stay out of the cellar. Their pitching will have to be phenomanol and their bats to be on fire to stay in contention.
The Giants look like the best team right now and could go to the playoffs through stellar pitching.
The NL Central will have a great shot at getting the wild card this year with major powerhouses dukeing it out for a shot to go to the World Series.
1. St. Louis Cardinals 90-105 wins 1st-2nd place The Cardinals bring back a loaded lineup headlined by Pujols and Halladay, and with Carpenter and Wainwright and a supporting cast of great pitchers this team could go a long way in October.
Milwaukee Brewers 80-95 wins 1st-3rd place This is a biased pick with me being a Brewers fan, but the Crew looks tough especially on the hitting side come summer. The pitching will be the key, with Gallardo having to rile the troops to make a playoff run.
3. Chicago Cubs 80-100 wins 1st-3rd place The cubbies will be lacking a bit on the pitching side, but bring back the smae bats as last year. They will need to be motivated and hungry for cubs fans to rid themselves of the curse.
4. Houston Astros 65-80 wins 4th-6th place The question is whether Berkman will be healthy enough to put the pop back in Houston. I believe he will and they lineup wont dissapoint, but they will need someone other than oswalt to step up to the mound.
5. Cincinnati Reds 65-85 wins 4th-6th place This was a close call between them or the Astros, but besides that, the reds look like a great young team with chapman gaining expierience on the mound, and Joey Votto swinging like a champ.
6. Pittsburgh Pirates 55-70 wins 5th-6th place The pirates are young but they have hitters who will develope into stars one day. Their pitching needs work, but this is too tough a division for them to contend this season.
The cardinals look like one of the best teams in the bigs and will be great with their stars leading them to the postseason.
The brewers will need to have a great year by fielder and braun to get to the playoffs and i think they have the firepower to do so.
The Phillies look to continue dominating the NL East and get back to their 3rd world series in a row.
1. Philadelphia Phillies 90-110 wins 1st-2nd place Thie phillies look like a lock to be one of the top clubs in the MLB. As long as Holliday wins 12 games, and Howard continues his dominence as well with the rest of the team, they win go back for another shot for the World Series.
2. New York Mets 80-95 wins 1st-4th place The mets havent been great lately, but im not jumping off their wagon yet. They have santana, and jason bay is a key addition. This team has a chance to be very good, or they can dissapoint, yet again.
3. Atlanta Braves 75-90 wins 2nd-4th place The braves have the right keys to succeed, all they need to do is win. their team is full of decent players and if lowe and jurrjens have good years this team can contend for a wild card beath
4. Florida Marlins 70-85 wins 3rd-5th place The marlins continue to do a lot, with a little amount of money, and they will have to have Hanley ramirez break into the allstar their organization needs to play well, if they want to play decent ball this year.
5. Washington Nationals 65-75 wins 4th-5th place Ryan Zimmerman will continue to have his homers and rbi's, and adam dunn will continue his big shots, but besides new sensation stephen strasburg there isnt much to look foward for the national this year.
The phillies will post the best record in the NL, and try to get back to the world series.
The AL West could be a great finale with the teams so evenly talented.
1. Seattle Mariners 80-100 wins 1st-3rd place This is a very unproven team, with tons of talent and two angels and a world series stud, for their off-season acqusations. Irchiro will have to get even more hits and the mariners can make a run to get to the playoffs with king felix and cliff lee leading the way.
2. Los Angeles Angels 80-100 wins 1st-3rd place The angels have to bounce back from losing a TON of talent last season to get back to the playoffs. Their pitching is still one of the best rotations in the MLB, but with the loss of Vlad, Figgins, and Kotchman, they have to produce run to make it back to the playoffs.
3. Texas Rangers 70-85 wins 2nd-4th place The rangers batting wont take any hits with hamilton, young, and guerrero in the 2-4 spots, but their pitching will have to be great if they need to have rich harden step up.
4. Oakland A's 60-75 wins 3rd-4th place The A's need to get the best out of their players to stay out of the cellar this season. I hope Ben sheets doesnt continue his history of being a bust or else they will have a tough time contending this season.
The M's will have to have all of there off season prospects play great, and i think they can win the division.
The AL Central is very unpridictable but anut any team has a shot to win any given night.
1. Minnesota Twins 85-105 wins 1st-3rd place The twins will be loaded this year even with taking a hit in losing joe mathan. Mauer will have to live up to his contract, and my cousin! pat neshek will have to come in and be a good relief pitcher so the twins can get back to the playoffs.
2. Detroit Tigers 80-95 wins 1st-3rd place The tigers have to win with pitching this season and speed adding the yanks johnny damon, and great rookie austin jackson. If cabrera and ordonez start to hit again, watch out!
3. Chicago White Sox 80-95 wins 1st- 3rd place the pitching is definately there for the chisox to contend, and they will need their new bats to hit right away so they can be in this 3 team hunt for the division
4. Cleveland Indians 65-80 wins 4th-5th place The indians have to get sizemore to be their star to get back to being a good team again, The pitching needs alot of help but they can pull it together if hafner can hit like he did a couple years ago.
5. Kansas City Royals 65-80 wins 4th-5th place I am not completely bought on the royals yet but zack greinke is one of the best pitchers in the bigs. They will need more than just him to be able to win games this season, though.
The AL East looks like a beast yet again with 3 solid teams looking to go to the playoffs.
1. New York Yankees 90-110 wins 1st-2nd place They Yanks look as stacked as ever with jeter and arod and one of the best pitching crews in the bigs. Big Tex and Javier Vasquez plus granderson are more all stars the yankees added this year. nuff' said.
2. Boston Red Sox 85-105 wins 1st-3rd place The Red Sox are once again a playoff bound team. They bring back esseintially the same team, but adding lackey was huge to improve their already dominant pitching.
3. Tampa Bay Rays 80-95 wins 2nd-4th place The rays will need david price to pitch well, and for evan longoria to play up to his video game cover, and blast them out of the park. the rays will need more than those two to contend in the dominent AL East though, and they can certainly do that.
4. Baltimore Orioles 70-85 wins 4th-5th place The O's have to play hard and get the most out of their top part of the lineup. The pitching has to be phenomanol and the hitting to be there, for baltimore to contend.
5. Toronto Blue Jays 65-75 wins 4th-5th place The jays need way better pitching than last season with 12 different starting pitchers. they also have to hit with the bottom part of their lineup, or else they are in trouble!
The yankees will continue their dominence and win the division again
the redsox will also make they playoffs behind their steller pitching .
NL Wild card round:
1 Phillies over 4 Brewers 3-1
2 Cardinals over 3 Giants 3-2
AL Wild card round:
1 Yankees over 4 Twins 3-0
3 Red Sox over 2 Mariners 3-1
1 Phillies over 2 Cardinals 4-3
1 Yankees over 3 Red Sox 4-2
Yankees over Phillies 4-2