WrestleMania XXVI Review
WrestleMania 26 has come and gone, and it has left us with questionable thoughts. There were 10 matches on the card and some were good and some were bad, but above all I think most will agree that it was certainly worth the $54.95 you had to pay to watch it.
26-Man Battle Royal
WINNER: Yoshi Tatsu, I thought this was a good idea to put basically everyone who is not good enough to make into a WM match and let them feel like they are worth something. As far as Yoshi tatsu winning, why not, i havent seen him on a show in god knows how long. If I were the WWE, i would have had Mark Henry or somone who is believable to win to better hype them.
1. ShoMiz (The Big Show & The Miz)(C) defeated R-Truth & John Morrison to retain the Unified WWE Tag Team Championships. This match i though was ok and I believe it could have been better if it was given more time. I predicted Sho Miz to win because I felt that they are a good tag team and will hold the gold for a while, i was howver dissapointed that they really didnt let Truth & Morrison really show there atletiscm, the eb=nding was also predictable imo with the knockout punch from the Big SHow when the ref wasnt looking, i give it a 6.0/10
2. Randy Orton defeated Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes in a Triple Threat Match. I thought this match was also ok and once a gain very predictable. Rhodes & DiBiase would kick the crap out of Orton until it came time to pin him and the Orton would capitalize. The punt to Rhodes was a nice touch and Orton pinning DiBiase with the RKO was cool as well, but the most cool part was when after the match Orton did his Legend Killer pose again behind the RKO sign in the ring, that was sick. I give the match a 6.5/10
3. Jack Swagger defeated Christian, Evan Bourne, Matt Hardy, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, & Drew McIntyre in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. In probably the least predictable match of the night, the All-American American picked up the victory in what was imo an overcrowed clusterfuck surrounded by an obvious punishment for Christian. I had Christian in this match bc i thought Vince would do the right thing and give it to the most deserving guy there, but nope, he gave it to a 6-foot tall idiot who didnt comprehend how to unhook the freakin briefcase off the cable i tell u i think he was up there for 2 min, it was very okward. The match itself was ok and it could have been better especially with the amount of people in there they did not utilize evryone's skills. P.S. where was Shelton Benjamin? I give it a 6.0/10
4. Triple H defeated Sheamus. I think this match was pointless bc Sheamus did not win, the match itself was pretty good, i must say it exceeded my expectations. I picked Sheamus bc i thought the WWE wanted to make people realize Sheamus was for real, but i guess it would be too much of a big deal to have Hunter loose, right. if u wanted to push Sheamus and not have him win, simply having him kick-out of a pedigree would have been fine. I give it a 7.5/10
5. Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk. First of all, wtf was Mysterio wearing, he had a pube-tail going on there. This match was predictable as well and wasnt as good as it could have been. The match would have been better imo if it was given more time or if Rey lost, but then again this sets up there street fight at Extreme Rules so its not all that bad. Imo the match was ok and it seemed to me they were holding some of it back, i give it a 6.0/10
6. Bret "The Hitman" Hart defeated Mr. McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match. Im not even gonna classify this as a match, idk what that was. First it started off with a huge waste of time abgle where Vince payed off the Hart Family, but then they tricked Vince, idk. Bret did one move the entire night and the chair shots were cool but okward at the same time. To me it was a PG-Era ruined match between two old guys that took the words No Holds Barred and tricked us into this boring waste of time ehich was really the Hart Dynasty vs. Vince McMahon, and suprise Vince tapped to the Sharpshooter. I give it a 5.0/10 bc the chair shots saved it.
7. Chris Jericho (C) defeated Edge to retain the World Heavyweight Champion. This was a very good match filled with counters and back-and-forth action.Jericho winning was a good suprise as the feud can now continue. Edge did a good job of faining the achilles injury. I think one thing would have made the match great, if Edge hit the spear but Jericho kicked out, and if Edge lost by tapping out to the Walls instead of by pinfall. Overall the match was very good and Edge spearing him off the table was cool as well, I give it a 8.5/10
8. Team LayCool (Michelle McCool & Layla), Marsye, Alicia Fox, & Vickie Guerrero defeated Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, & Gail Kim in a 10-Diva Tag Match. Id even know what that was, i would also like to know who's bright idea was it to come on after a very good Edge/Jericho title match. This was disgusting and they were better off using the time by adding it into other matches. Eddie turned over in his grave after seeing that frog splash too. I give it a 2.5/10 just becuse they are hot (most of them)
9. John Cena defeated Batista (C) for the WWE Championship. This match was better then I expected it to be. The crowd was really torn imo on who they wanted to win. The match itself was good alot of powerhouse moves by Batista and supercena kicked out of all of them of course. I picked Batista to win bc i thought the wwe would n't be as predictable as they were last night, and bc im sick and tired of seeing Cena champ. I do give him props for the thumbs up and smiling when he was near the crowd of people that hated him, that was funny. I was not thrilled of the way he won though, the STF imo is the most overated submission in the wwe, mostly bc Cena does a horrible job of selling it, u can see the nice gap between his arms and the guys head. An F-, im sorry Attitude Adjustment would have been a better way for him to have won. I give the match a 8.0/10 bc Cena winning was too predictable and the way Batista lost, other then that it was a solid match.
10. Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels in a retirement match with the only way to win is by pinfall or submission. This match was amazing as expected, everything about it was fantastic and imo exceded their match from last year bc of the emotion in the match. I like a match with alot of finishers and in this match u saw everything u really could have wanted, a figure-4 leglock, a diving elbow, a last ride, 2 chokeslams, 3 tombstones, 3 Sweet Chin Musics, and a moonsault through a table. The close 2-counts were very dramatic and the undertaker did a excellent job faining his knee injury. The way the match ended was by-far the best the best way it could have, Taker didnt want to put an end to the best career in wrestling history he told HBK to stay down but HBK went down with a fight and slapped him in the face causing the most dramatic tombstone i've ever seen. After the match the two best performers shared a sign of respect and shook hands with a hug too. This match was flawless and i give it a 10/10. It deseved to be the main event and taker and hbk showed the new blood how its done.
Overall i give WM 26 a 8.5/10, it could have been better, but it was one of the better ones in recent memory and it will be forever known as HBK last stand.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?