Saturday March 27th, 2010
Special Dubai Issue
Dubai World Cup
As published in Bruno De Julio's Run 4 the Roses report at: www.racingwithbruno.com
$1 Million Al Quoz Sprint:
8) California Flag: Could get clear lead again, blew clear lead in Hong Kong after dueling w Laurel Guerreiro (see Shaheen), only other pace factor appears to be Terrific Challenge, but that one is over-matched. Won last three off a layoff.
9) War Artist: Crushed in a Grade Two victory at the distance in his last third start off a layoff. Race on Feb. 11th, beating Gayego by over two lengths shows he has potential to run to hard knocking form.
11) Finjaan: Best races in GB would be good enough here. Grade Two winner and missed Grade One by a head.
Exa box 8,9,11 / Tri box 8,9,11
$1 Pick Three: 8,9,11 w 11,12,10 w 5,9,7,10: $36
$1 Million Godolphin Mile:
11) Desert Party: Dominant form, if you toss Kentucky Derby debacle.
12) Skysurfers: Can make an impact if more aggressively placed early in the race.
10) Forgotten Voice: Primed for big effort third off layoff. Just missed to Gloria
de Campeo here in January.
Exa box 10,11,12 / Tri box 10,11,12
$1 Pick Three : 11 w 5,9,7,10 w 6,8,9,10: $16
$2 Million UAE Derby:
5) Mendip: Next stop Churchill?
9) Musir: Four wins and a second in five starts.
7) Frozen Power: Trying to turn tables on Musir.
10) Makaanah: Won 3-of-4 in Saudi Arabia.
Exa box 5,7,9,10 / Tri box 5,7,9,10
$2 Million Golden Shaheen:
8) Gayego: Lots of pace to set it up for him.
6) Rocket Man: Grade One winner in Singapore. Neck shy of being a pefect 9-
for-9. Only behind another horse for 100 yards in entire career. Faces speed to his inside and outside.
10) Mutheeb: Could get first run on Gayego, but is he good enough?
9) Regal Parade: Has credentials, but layoff is a concern.
Exa box 6,8,9,10 / Tri box 6,8,9,10
$1 Pick Three: 6,8 w 5,8,10,11,15 w 10,13,16: $30
$5 Million Duty Free:
11) Alexandros: Been pointing to this race. Primed for top effort.
15) Presvis: Beat Alexandros by a length and a half in last race.
5) Courageous Cat: Almost held off Goldikova in BC. Right there at the wire in last six. Won Grade Two at the distance.
8) Bankable: Coming into race in similar fashion as last year with game win in prep race.
10) Take the Points: Three Grade One wins in last four starts. Just turned four and has room to improve.
$1 Pick Three: 5,8,10,11,15 w 10,13,16 w 2,3,4,11: $60
$5 Million Sheema Classic:
13) Spanish Moon: Rebounded with huge race after BC disappointment. First or second in seven of last eight.
10) Buena Vista: Japanese filly is the real deal. Never out of the money. Proven against the boys. Never been higher than 5/2.
16) Cavalryman: Back to preferred surface. Ran huge to finish third as a three-year
old in the Arc.
2) Eastern Anthem: Defending champ. Hasn’t won since. Can he fire a big one off the layoff? Perfect 3-for-3 in Dubai. Finished first or second in 6-of-8 at the distance.
1) Jukebox Jury: Really turned it on at the end of 2009. Layoff a concern. Could get first run at Passion. First race as a four-year old.
9) Presious Passion: Come and catch him.
Exa box 10,13,16 / Tri box 10,13,16
$10 Million World Cup:
3) Red Desire: Two great races against the boys already, matches Zenyatta as female winning a big one.
2) Gitano Hernando: Perfect 4-for-4 on synthetic.
4) Gio Ponti: second to Zenyatta
11) Twice Over: third to Zenyatta
5) Gloria de Campeo: local horse, finished second last year, could hold pace advantage.
6) Vision d’Etat: All or nothing w him, two flops in Arc, never tried synth, stand against.
Win bet No. 3
Exa box 2,3,4,11 / Tri box 2,3,4,11
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @mdoche!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!