In three days the count will be at thirty-five so why not talk about this huge event for us the fans and for these young men. So, here is your fifteen things to know about the 2010 NFL Draft.
1. Trying to pronounce Nebraska's DT, Ndamukong Suh's name will take all ten minutes of the St. Louis Rams clock as they await to pick him with their overall number one pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Before Commissioner, Roger Goodell calls Su's name, he (with his blazing speed) will most likely be at the podium, holding a Rams jersey and smiling for a picture and hoping for a season with more than one win.
2. If there is anyway one could play college football for another four years somebody please call up Tim Tebow, four more years would give him more time to realize he is only a college star and four more Heisman nominations. However, all of that will end with him crying on the sidelines because the realization of him not fulfilling his "duties" will hit him, and hit him hard!
3. The only high powered offensive players in the first round will be Jimmy Clausen (QB, Notre Dame), Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma), Dez Bryant (WR, Oklahoma State) and Arrelious Benn (WR, Illinois). The rest of the offensive players will be offensive-linemen and possibly one more exciting wide-receiver.
4. This may be the year of the "little school" so watch out, because you might see some names that you have never heard of. I'm speaking of school names and even names of people.
5. The Seattle Seahawks and new head coach, Pete Carroll have two choices, draft smart or be at the bottom of the NFC West for years to come.
6. With the fifth pick of the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs need to keep on doing what they are doing,as of now for the past few off-season's and draft days they have done extremely well. Don't sleep on them next year because they might be able to sweep their series against the Charges.
7. Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins will have to think hard about how to use their number four pick, it might take them until their ten minute limit expires at 0:00.
8. The San Diego Chargers are happy with their last your selection, Larry English (DE, Northern Illinois) but will still regret not picking a HB that mistake will hunt them this year, with the running back class not as talented as the 2009 one.
9. Just like the year of small school's, 2010 is the year of special teams and I am mostly talking about the guys that make that three point win so special. However, the other men on the special teams unit is far from bad this season.
10. Tearing his ACL as a high school basketball star might hurt Oklahoma's TE Jermaine Gresham's draft stock.
11. Clemson running back, CJ Spiller can wait a round, and that is all the waiting he will have to do.
12. If New Orleans think they can win another Super Bowl they must have better protection for QB Drew Brees.
13. New England can be getting another fast and great route-runner white wide-reviver as we know it, but that does not mean Wes Welker and Julian Edelman are going anywhere. If they do as planned (in April's draft) and as the scouts believe, they will have four receivers with spectacular hands that can pull any ball in.
14. The name Jason Pierre-Paul (DE, South Florida) will be the most mentioned defensive player in this off season which includes guys like Julius Peppers (Chicago Bears), Casey Hampton (Pittsburgh Steelers) and current free agent Antonio Pierce (former New York Giant).
15. Rolando McClain (HB, Alabama) is not that guy that won the Crimson Tide's first time Heisman (that is his teammate HB, Mark Ingram) but he is that guy that sports writers are going to be talking about for years to come.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!