Tampa Bay 6, Baltimore 5
- Joaquin Benoit pitched a scoreless innings in his spring debut as the Rays edged the Orioles 6-5 on Thursday.
- Felix Pie left Thursday’s game against the Rays with an apparent leg injury.
- Brian Matusz yielded two runs — one earned — in 1 1/3 innings before being removed from his start Thursday against the Rays.
Philadelphia 3, NY Yankees 2
- Jose Contreras, Kyle Kendrick and Drew Carpenter each pitched two scoreless innings in relief Thursday against the Yankees.
- Roy Halladay fanned three in two hitless innings Thursday in the Phillies’ 3-2 win over the Yankees.
Atlanta 4, Pittsburgh 2
- Matt Diaz went 0-for-3 with two strikeout Thursday versus the Pirates.
- Kenshin Kawakami pitched two innings of shutout ball Thursday in the Braves’ 4-2 win over the Pirates.
- Pedro Alvarez went 0-for-4 and fanned three times Thursday against the Braves.
Toronto 9, Detroit 7
- Marc Rzepczynski started against the Tigers and threw two scoreless innings on Thursday.
- J.P. Arencibia hit a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to propel the Blue Jays to a 9-7 win over the Tigers on Thursday.
- Brett Cecil sliced open the thumb on his left hand.
- Austin Jackson singled in a run and walked twice Thursday in his three plate appearances against the Blue Jays.
- Armando Galarraga was tagged for four runs in an inning by the Blue Jays on Thursday.
- Dontrelle Willis worked scoreless fifth and sixth innings Thursday against the Blue Jays.
- Max Scherzer surrendered three runs and six hits over two innings Thursday versus the Blue Jays.
Marlins 10, Nationals 4
- Ian Desmond went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk Thursday versus the Marlins.
- Brian Bruney allowed two runs in his inning versus the Marlins on Thursday.
- Shairon Martis was lit up for six runs in 1 1/3 innings by the Astros on Thursday.
- Bryan Petersen went 2-for-4 with a homer and three runs scored as the Marlins beat a Nationals split-squad 10-4 on Thursday.
- Taylor Tankersley (elbow) appeared in a game for the first time in almost a year on Thursday against the Nationals.
Houston 15, Washington 5
- Yordany Ramirez went 2-for-2 and hit a three-run homer off the Nationals’ Eddie Guardado on Thursday.
- Brett Myers surrendered three runs, two earned, and walked three in two innings Thursday against the Nationals.
- Hunter Pence went 3-for-3 with a pair of homers and four RBI as the Astros destroyed a Nationals split-squad 15-5 on Thursday.
NY Mets 17, St. Louis 11
- David Wright had a homer and a walk in three plate appearances versus the Cardinals on Thursday.
- Ike Davis hit a long grand slam and walked twice as the Mets bested the Cardinals 17-11 on Thursday.
- Ryan Ludwick homered and doubled to knock in three runs Thursday against the Mets.
Colorado 11, Arizona 1
- Manny Corpas made his spring debut Thursday and pitched a scoreless inning against the Diamondbacks.
- Seth Smith went 3-for-3 with a homer, a double and three RBI as the Rockies steamrolled the Diamondbacks 11-1 on Thursday.
- Billy Buckner allowed two runs in two innings Thursday in a loss to the Rockies.
- Rodrigo Lopez surrendered three runs in two innings of relief today.
San Francisco 5, Milwaukee 3
- Barry Zito worked 1 2/3 innings and allowed a run Thursday in the Giants’ 5-3 win over the Brewers.
- Rickie Weeks went 2-for-2 with a walk, two RBI and a steal Thursday against the Giants.
Chi. Cubs 9, Oakland 3
- Sean Marshall turned in two hitless frames in relief Thursday versus the A’s.
- Tyler Colvin homered and doubled twice to lead the Cubs to a 9-3 win over the A’s on Thursday.
- Trevor Cahill pitched two innings and gave up two runs Thursday in a loss to the Cubs.
Seattle 9, San Diego 3
- Ryan Garko went 2-for-3 with a homer off Heath Bell as the Mariners topped the Padres 9-3 in a charity game Thursday.
- David Aardsma reported some mild soreness in his groin following Thursday’s spring victory over the Padres.
- Kyle Blanks doubled, singled and drove in a run in his two at-bats against the Mariners on Thursday.
- Chris Young, who is making his way back from shoulder surgery, was removed after allowing a run and three hits in an inning against the Mariners on Thursday.
Texas 13, Kansas City 3
- Rich Harden allowed just an unearned run and a hit over two innings in a victory Thursday against the Royals.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia went 2-for-3 and hit a three-run homer off Kyle Davies as the Rangers bested the Royals 13-3 in a charity game on Thursday.
Chi. White Sox 4, LA Angels 4
- A.J. Pierzynski went 1-for-3 with two RBI and a run scored Thursday in a spring game against the Angels.
- John Danks allowed two hits and a walk over two innings Thursday in a spring game against the Angels.
- Mike Napoli hit a solo shot in Thursday’s spring game against the White Sox.
- Joel Pineiro allowed three hits and one earned run over two innings Saturday in the Angels’ 4-4 exhibition tie against the White Sox.
- Torii Hunter and Terry Evans added an RBI apiece.
- Brian Stokes threw two scoreless innings in relief and Rich Thompson also registered a scoreless frame.
Boston 2, Minnesota 1
- Jonathan Papelbon threw a scoreless inning in the Red Sox’s 2-1 spring exhibition victory over the Twins.
- Josh Beckett started the game and allowed one earned run over two innings.
- Nick Blackburn tossed two scoreless innings Thursday in the Twins’ spring exhibition loss to the Red Sox.
- Kevin Slowey also threw two scoreless frames, as did Pat Neshek.