You should never be comfortable with your fantasy team. Always look for ways to improve your squad as you gear up for a long playoff run.
As the NHL hits its Olympic break, this is a perfect time to sit back and examine what can come in the final six weeks of action.
Having a defenseman though, does not produce the point totals of a forward that contributes in the fringe categories (plus minus, power play points, PIM), which is usually the difference between a good team and a championship team. Although most of the top list players are taken, they are still targets for your team to acquire before your league's trade deadline. It might even be worth it to trade a scoring depth forward for a top line defender.
Here are the Olympic break rankings for defensemen:
- Mike Green, Washington: 14-46-60-+28-29 Power Play Points
- Duncan Keith, Chicago: 11-42-53-+23-26:47 TOI/G
- Drew Doughty, Los Angeles: 11-34-45-24 Power Play Points
- Chris Pronger, Philadelphia: 8-34-42-+22-63 PIM
- Dan Boyle, San Jose: 11-34-45-22 Power Play Points
- Tomas Kaberle, Toronto: 6-40-46-24 Power Play Points
- Christian Ehrhoff, Vancouver: 11-20-30-+24-19 Power Play Points
- Tobias Enstrom, Atlanta: 6-36-42-+7-16 Power Play Points
- Shea Weber, Nashville: 11-24-35-17 Power Play Points
- Joe Corvo, Carolina: 12 Pts in 33 GP-25:13 TOI/G
- Sergei Gonchar, Pittsburgh: 8-29-37-35 PIM-21 Power Play Points
- Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit: 6-29-35-+20-25:43 TOI/G
- Mark Streit, Islanders: 8-23-31-40 PIM-6 Power Play Goals
- Dion Phaneuf, Toronto: 10-14-24-54 PIM-5 Power Play Goals
- Keith Yandle, Phoenix: 10-20-30-+11-15 Power Play Points
- Scott Niedermayer, Anaheim: 6-31-37-21 Power Play Points
- Anton Stralman, Columbus: 6-23-29-20 Power Play Points
- Stephane Robidas, Dallas: 10-23-33-7 Power Play Goals
- Cameron Barker, Minnesota: 5-10-15-7 Power Play Points
- Lubomir Visnovsky, Edmonton: 10-22-32-17 Power Play Points
- Kurtis Foster, Tampa Bay: 7-21-28-32 PIM-16 Power Play Points
- Andrei Markov, Montreal: 3-15-18-11 Power Play Points
- Mark Giordano, Calgary: 10-15-25-63 PIM-12 Power Play Points
- Zdeno Chara, Boston: 5-28-33-72 PIM-175 SOG
- Filip Kuba, Ottawa: 3-25-28-11 Power Play Points
Read more at www.puckingawesome.com
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!