Tomorrow's Grand Prix on the Silverstone track promises a lot of unexpected results. There is some rain expected for tomorrow and the starting grid for the race is as ecclectic as it can get.
The McLaren-Mercedes had slipped in the constructors championship during the last few races. Lewis Hamilton has not scored points in the last two races. This weekend, the car looked to be the fastest of the plateau.
Unfortunately Lewis Hamilton missed a great opportunity to start from the pole as he pushed the limits of his car a little too much during the final qualifying stage. At the opposite, Heikki Kovalainen was brilliant and he registered the fastest time. A first pole position in career for him.
Mark Webber in his Red Bull shocked the racing fans only a few seconds before the end of qualifying when he registered the fastest time. But Kovalainen was just behind him and took back the pole a few seconds later. Webber will start in second place, a very good starting position for the Red Bull.
Silverstone top ten on the grid:
- Pole: Heikki Kovalainen (McLaren) 1:21.049
- 2-Mark Webber (Red Bull) 1:21.554
- 3-Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 1:21706
- 4-Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) 1:21.835
- 5-Nick Heidfeld (BMW-Sauber) 1:21.873
- 6-Fernando Alonso (Renault) 1:22.029
- 7-Nelson Piquet Jr (Renault) 1:22.491
- 8-Sebastien Vettel (Toro Rosso) 1:23.251
- 9-Felipe Massa (Ferrari) 1:23.305
- 10-Robert Kubica (BMW-Sauber) --------
(Picture: Heikki Kovalainen, Getty Images.)