- The Diamondbacks somehow scored six runs in the ninth inning this afternoon to beat the Brewers, 6-5. Brandon Webb did not pitch well and Arizona's offense was awful for the first eight innings.
- Jon Lester pitched great for the Red Sox tonight, as they defeated the Yankees, 7-0. It was a much-needed win for Boston, which was swept by the Rays and dealing with a struggling bullpen that was horrendous on Wednesday, costing Daisuke Matsuzaka a win.
- Tim Lincecum should be the NL starter in the All-Star Game. He is now 10-1 as his Giants beat the Cubs, 8-3.
- The Rays are a fun team to watch. They are really believing that they have a chance to make the playoffs this season. They are young and talented. One of the keys to their success this year is their improved bullpen.
- The Dodgers and the Giants face off this weekend in a big NL West showdown. This is a battle for second place in the NL West. Both these teams have a better chance than Arizona to win out in their division.
- Randy Johnson of Arizona is looking very old and bad. Teams are just teeing off on him of late.
- The Yankees look old. Their offense is not as dangerous without Hideki Matsui. They got rid of Joe Torre, who led the team to the playoffs all these years, and Joe Girardi might not even make the postseason in his first season as manager. Derek Jeter needs to step up his play.
- Barry Bonds would be of great help to any team lacking offense, but thanks to collusion by the MLB owners, he is not an option. What a travesty this situation is.
- Kosuke Fukudome outplayed Aaron Rowand in the Giants-Cubs series this week. Both were free agents, and the Cubs made the right choice in signing Fukudome.
- I would take the tandem of Jonathan Sanchez and Lincecum over Dan Haren and Brandon Webb right now.