Five Olympic Hockey Players with the Most Pressure On Their Shoulders

« Prev
1 of 7
Next »
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse the slideshow
Five Olympic Hockey Players with the Most Pressure On Their Shoulders

Before I start, I saw a poll on ESPN.com that asked, “Are goaltenders who participate in the Olympics putting themselves at a disadvantage for the NHL’s regular season?

40 percent said “yes,” and you can guess what the other 60 percent said.

I just found it funny because about 40 percent of the goalies in the NHL—that’s not an exact percentage—are headed to the Olympics. So I think you can guess which fans voted “yes” and which ones voted “no.”

Anyway, with men’s hockey starting today at 3 PM EST, the anticipation is at an all-time high—even I am all giddy with excitement.

There are a lot of players, new and old, being focused on in this tournament. Many of the participating countries have high expectations and that puts a lot of pressure on these players’ shoulders.

But which player will be dealing with the most pressure?

Begin Slideshow »
Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

Out of Bounds

NHL

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.