January 30, 2010
Corey wants 4.8 Mil, the Crew wants to give him 4.15 Mil and both sides are at a standstill (according to Adam McCalvy). Let’s check out Corey Hart’s arguement:
- I was totally an All-Star (that was voted in by the fans I later dissed)
- I’m a 20/20 guy (once in 08)
- I have to put up with fans asking me how many outs there are every freakin’ inning. I mean, geez, can’t these people read the ribbon board?
- I lost at bats to offensive powerhouses like Jody Gerut and Frank Catalonotto last year
- It takes a lot of money to change my hair as much as I do
- I hit .173 and had an OBP of .192 during our September postseason chase in 08.
- J.J. Hardy and Jason Kendall were the only opening day starters to have a worse OBP and SLG % than me last year.
- Even though fans noticed that I didn’t go after as many fly balls very hard in 2009, I had the worst fielding percentage out of every outfielder on the team (including bench players)
- I got kids to feed
- I heard Melvin has never been to arbitration yet so I’m figuring he knows he’s gonna lose.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!